Food for thought for a quiet exhaust.

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
I was running a 30" FTE resonator and a Magnaflow muffler and while it was quiet I felt I could knock it down another notch so on another members recommendation I swapped in a Hushpower muffler. It was well worth the effort. This thing is as quiet as my old stock 06 Dodge was.

I know...y'all want it loud. One y'all will be old like me and you'll change your minds. LOL
When you do...remember this thread.
If I can get a 5" system with twin dumps pointing at the ground quiet then anything can be made quiet.

Still running the resonator? I will be looking for a 5" muffler in spring that will be able to quiet down the sleeper I am building.

I may have to go this route after going from twins to a single again..
Twins helped keep it fairly quiet.. A Single will be Loud...

nice

I've a 5" dynomax bullet... with my stubby stack it's not pleasant driving for longer times but I swear you can't hear the truck when it goes down the strip

I put twins on mine and full 5" straight exhaust and it is extremely quiet now, even towing I hear the twins before the exhaust.

no reason to now, but you probably would have liked a 4" system. I know your big turbo has a 5" outlet, but the turbine wheel can be supported by a 4" system no problem.

Twins with 4 inch and the longs Banks muffler is nice and quiet. Doesn't look like you ran over a piece of culvert pipe and got it stuck behind your tire either. But then you kids like that fart can tip thing.

Last edited:
I'm limited on space with my truck and running a 4" Magnaflow dumping in front of the rear axle. It's not bad but would love to make it a bit more silent.

Been thinking about throwing a muffler on mine, lb7's are noisy blowing through a 5 inch straight

Twins with 4 inch and the longs Banks muffler is nice and quiet. Doesn't look like you ran over a piece of culvert pipe and got it stuck behind your tire either.

If I was on a computer instead of my phone I'd post a pic of mine...dual 5" and you can't hardly even see it.
Wish I had done it sooner...always hated a giant exhaust tip just hanging out there for no reason.

I started liking quiet after I ran straight pipe and stacks on my 12v. After I built a muffler for it it got quiet with a shorty stack too. I will be runnin quiet from now on.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

I ran a 50" long, big rig muffler under my '04 dodge for a few years. Quiet as stock in the cab but enough noise out the tail to catch attention. It was 5" in & out with a 10" diameter body so it fit a little snug under the 4 door short bed body but worked like a charm. Only came with a $60 price tag...today you can still have one for around $75.

Last edited:
Back