Food for thought for a quiet exhaust.

Been looking at the 30" FTE resonator as well. Does it actually quiet the truck down or just kill drone? Truck has twins. Either getting this resonator or a hush muffler..

Bought a 30 inch for 4 inch pipe. Truck came with straight exhaust when I purchased it. Even with the weak VP it was terribly loud. I installed this resonator after seeing the good results here. I didn't install mine close to the turbo, it is almost to the rear where there was an easy section of pipe to remove. Truck is 100% better. I can have a conversation at the rear of my truck now. In cab sounds are similar to a gas v8 with dual exhaust.

Last edited:
I just put a 30" fte on my 07 with 5" exhaust and its close to stock now. Just a quiet deep tone. Interior drone is gone. If you want quiet, get the 30". If you still want some sound, go for the 17".

After reading these few FTE threads I called and ordered one from Walter at Fast Track Enterprises, I wished I would have done it years ago. It's on my 04.5 dodge, been running a straight piped factory 4" system since new, I bought one of the 30" units and basicly put it in place of the gutted convertor up front; thier is Zero of that annoying cummins dron in the cab now but still seems to have a nice deep grawl going down the road. This truck is only 500 rwhp but a great daily driver and tows great with the 6 spd, being able to hear the radio and hear on the phone now are way over due; seems to be a great product IMO, just wished I would have known about it sooner..........

Ryan Tucker

Did the 30" fit exactly where the gutted converter was. I will yank my converter out to get rid the that damn drone while towing.

Wouldn't you know, I'm putting the muffler on, and once it's attached to downpipe, it doesn't line up with the rest of the exhaust LOL must be a crooked muffler LOL

Time for flex pipe!

It sounds like a 12 valve again!!!! I love this muffler. Its damn near silent. Well, the exhaust is anyways, the motor is still super loud.

Back