Food for thought for a quiet exhaust.

Didn't have any bleach on me and it stuck, has been growing since. Doctor did give me a pill for it though. However if I was actualy like that and did that by Rico's house I think he would find a reason to use that Kimber of his LOL

My 4 inch Banks system is just quiet enough that i can hear myself sing and just loud enough that I can't really hear myself sing.

im going to be swapping my straight 5" which dumps before the rear tire to a full 4" with FTE 17" resonator. ill post up my back pressure & mpg difference's.

Thats not what you hear on a CR. They have a horrible drone that the 2nd and 1st gens dont. my 2000 with the 4 inch silverline exhaust is real quiet. My 04 dually has a bigger 5 inch muffler that isnt a straight through like the silverline is and the 04 has the drone. The 04 is quieter outside though.

After reading these few FTE threads I called and ordered one from Walter at Fast Track Enterprises, I wished I would have done it years ago. It's on my 04.5 dodge, been running a straight piped factory 4" system since new, I bought one of the 30" units and basicly put it in place of the gutted convertor up front; thier is Zero of that annoying cummins dron in the cab now but still seems to have a nice deep grawl going down the road. This truck is only 500 rwhp but a great daily driver and tows great with the 6 spd, being able to hear the radio and hear on the phone now are way over due; seems to be a great product IMO, just wished I would have known about it sooner..........

Ryan Tucker

Which one is everyone getting? I seen on his website that he has a 30" resonator and 30" resonator/muffler.

What I'd like to see is a slide in version with out dismantling the exhaust.. When I need to run the truck at home, say, after an oil change or something, I take my FTE and slide it over the tail pipe to keep the neighbors happy.

If there' was a way to just bolt the internals of the resonator into the tail pipe part (better then nothing!) for those longer trips, I'd do that.

I like my new Flo-Pro over the 51" Donaldson I was running...both 5" turbo back systems.
Less drone and smoother sound.

Which one is everyone getting? I seen on his website that he has a 30" resonator and 30" resonator/muffler.

Basically only 2 options available.... lots of part numbers due to inlet and outlet sizes as well as material to match your needs [ stainless steel or Aluminized case].

17" unit is termed the "Resonator" when installed at the downpipe it will eliminate the majority of the drone experienced by most users with aftermarket or straight pipe free flowing systems. We state that a 50 RPM range will still tingle in the cab, however the current 300-450 RPM drone concern will be controlled. Tailpipe sound is not much affected.

30" unit is termed the "Resonator / Muffler" when installed at the downpipe will eliminate ALL of the drone experienced by most users with aftermarket or straight pipe free flowing systems. The 30" unit also tones down the sound from the tailpipe, hence the muffler tag.....

Keep in mind that sound is subjective, in life there are blondes, brunettes, and redheads....each doing different things for each of us.

So when deciding what you want or need, simply ask do you want it gone or do you want it better?

Neither version gains EGT's or hinders power....

We have had success on every pickup truck and combination available... 6.6 dmax, 5.9 cummins in 12V / 24V / CR, 6.7 Liter Cummins, 7.3 PSD, 6.0 PSD, 6.4 PSD and even the new 6.7 liter stoker.

as mentioned above, sound is subjective.... when people want to know what it sounds like we can never really answer that.... it's a cab noise control product that was built from the start to control CAB drone on pick up trucks without spark plugs with an average engine displacement of 5.9 Liters.

Back