Food for thought for a quiet exhaust.

I was just thinking that anyone older than that knows the value of a good nap...I'm waaaay past that whole "sleep when you're dead" thing. LOL

I get asked all the time "why do you have a muffler" (5" magna flow stainless) and my reply is simply "loud doesn't equal fast". The loudest thing on my truck the compressor whistle... love it

Nope 24. Ban me? Why because I disagree with a few people? You like yours quite, I like mine loud. Don't be dumb

4" straight piped duramax Lb7 with s366 and 3.5" downpipe = sweet music. I would try to be stealthy too if I had to drive a cummins. LOL

Nope 24. Ban me? Why because I disagree with a few people? You like yours quite, I like mine loud. Don't be dumb

It's your comments and attitude as if you could care less about anyone but yourself..That is what makes you useless in my book...

Not everyone wants to hear your chit, especially those that like to sleep when their alive...or in my case HAVE to sleep so I can stay alive on the job.

At 24 you should know better... I just hope you start to figure it out soon...

I love a good sounding exhaust same as you, but theres a time and a place... Not just " who gives a Fuk about everyone else" attitude...

Last edited:
My 03 has a 4 inch down pipe to 5 inch into a 6 inch stack. Its crazy loud like so loud Ive put less then 2000 miles on it this year. My 04 dually has 5 inch into a donaldson 30 inch muffler and it goes out the stock location. I like the big rig rumble but the fact that when towing for hours I can think. Im looking to put something in my 03 just to keep it from rattling the window. Im thinking a hushpower but not sure.

My new truck is so quiet I can hear cans rolling around in the bed driving down the road. Freaking love it.

I went with a 4 inch AFE turbo back exhaust with the AFE muffler and it sounds almost identical to my old setup which was stock exhaust minus the muffler. It still had the cat. Converter even. The sound out the tailpipe is louder and throatier outside but inside I can't tell s difference. My truck is a 05 qclb with manual trans

I also put a 5 inch MBRP turbo back with muffler on a buddies 05 qclb auto and the drone while accelerating and under load at the 2000-2200 rpm range is quite annoying. I'm not sure what it would be like on a manual trans where it didn't hang out at that rpm all the time.

I love the sound of straight piped cummins but that drone will ruin a family haulin truck.

Not ban you forever...dummy. Ban you for 24 hours so you'll stop making dumb posts. Check out some other threads and you'll know what the 24 hour ban is or just ask Big Swole. LOL

It's your comments and attitude as if you could care less about anyone but yourself..That is what makes you useless in my book...

Not everyone wants to hear your chit, especially those that like to sleep when their alive...or in my case HAVE to sleep so I can stay alive on the job.

At 24 you should know better... I just hope you start to figure it out soon...

I love a good sounding exhaust same as you, but theres a time and a place... Not just " who gives a Fuk about everyone else" attitude...

If you knew me better you'd understand. I come of like this. Very black and white. Its just my way. Sorry if I offended anyone, I'll try to tone it down. As for caring about other people, well, thats a whole nother issue I ain't getting into. I'll tone it down.

If you knew me better you'd understand. I come of like this. Very black and white. Its just my way. Sorry if I offended anyone, I'll try to tone it down. As for caring about other people, well, thats a whole nother issue I ain't getting into. I'll tone it down.

Thank you..

:clap:

don't tone it down if that's who you are... if you had 10,000 posts on here, nobody would be giving you so much grief

Even if you had a few thousand, but with under 100 posts it take quite a bit to let an attitude like yours "slide".

don't tone it down if that's who you are... if you had 10,000 posts on here, nobody would be giving you so much grief

Even if you had a few thousand, but with under 100 posts it take quite a bit to let an attitude like yours "slide".

With that being said... Joe6, dont be a post ***** to bring yo digits up. We know who you are now... LOL LOL

Again. Take most things here with a grain, or two, of salt. :welcome:

Hell looking at my post count I only have over 2000 and I've been here since 2007. LOL that's pathetic.

Last edited:
Screw you guys I go fast with my 24 inch stack at 2am just to wake you up! If your house aint rattling then I anit trying!!!!!!!!!
ORAL THE COAL!!!!

Back