G.M. Performance Parts Duramax Diesel Top Dragster final prep for testing .

I love the event at the fair grounds , the right lane is not the best after the sun goes down. I've run there quite a lot over the last 20 years

I need Crew in Pomona , I will be working with my old Comp car as Crew chief, and need help to tow the car to the starting line and back, as well as the comp car

I need Crew in Pomona , I will be working with my old Comp car as Crew chief, and need help to tow the car to the starting line and back, as well as the comp car

Too bad Pomona is on the other side of the country! I'd be there in a heart beat! Looks great Greg! Glad you are finally getting close to sending it down the track:Cheer:

The world Finals in Pomona is always a great end to the year.

Anyone priced a driving suit lately. $2000 is about as cheap as it gets in top dragster because of the turbocharger.

The world Finals in Pomona is always a great end to the year.

Anyone priced a driving suit lately. $2000 is about as cheap as it gets in top dragster because of the turbocharger.

I hear ya on the suits Greg. I went threw the same thing on my sand dragsters . I will be in Pomona and if you need help with anything I will more than gladly help out bud.

sent from my galaxy s3

Suits

I'm sure you already have proposals out to get a free suit and it will be the best in the business! I need to get of the internet so I can get ready to actually race this weekend. I can't wait to see the car make some passes. Get it done and lets have some fun at the track.

What a joke...

Greg with your "John force" like expirence and major industry leading background, surely you can get a free driving suit....:hehe:

....and i quote....."Greg houge---The most recognized name in diesel motorsports". :doh:

Just ribbin ya.....Good luck there greg.

Last edited:
getting closer , this head bolts on a BBC block , need a longer injector to make it work better , flow is over 550 on a 4.500 bore . Ill have the first revision wood proof in a week . I would build a 540 cid version using a standart BBC 4.840 block. this head can also be used on a iron Dart block which is still 60 lbs lighter then a Dmax , in the light weight version

BETTER.jpg

Last edited:
To anyone that wants to get rid of the stock oil cooler , or use a dry sump here is a part that Greg at ZZ made me. he keeps the file if you need one with or without the hole for the stock oil pump. got to love a water jet

P1040859.jpg

more of the dry sump oil pan

IMAG0303.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone need a tow rig, this has the big inline 6 Duramax and is ultra-low mileage 30,000. It’s Charlie Stewarts. It’s a 2006 and still has drivetrain warranty. Charlie will be racing in Bowling Green this week end in in J/ Dragster, and then Indy on Tuesday until next Monday

IMAG0248.jpg

You sure that big inline 6 isn't a cat?

no it.s a 7800 Dmax , its 300 hp and 860 ft lbs of torque.

the truck is like new on the inside , Charlie never let anyone eat of smoke in it

Last edited:
Back to the car, here is a look inside Chris Franks Frankenstein racing heads.

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

Here is the heads from the valve side; the tops and port face are something that is under wraps.

IMAG0769.jpg

The dual springs and Titanium retainer, this spring is needed to cover the close to .600 lift .

DSCN1216.jpg

Billet GearVendors unit , with a Coan Mega Glide

100_1174.jpg

400502_2572329143352_1107968363_32102479_990963510_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back