Got my first sponsor

what kind of times are you guys running to get a sponsor? I have been doing this all on my own and it tends to get costly

Sponsorship isn't all about fast times. There is much more to it than that. Under the right circumstances, I'm willing to sponsor a slower racer/guy who does more promotion than a faster racer/guy who doesn't do crap.

The question is what are you willing to do for them?

The driver's side door decal looks sweet!

And it held up nicely:D

Hey thanks for coming out man... it was a blast to finally meet ya, and you showed up just in time to change out the gears n axles... :rockwoot:

Well at the pinks arm drop comp tonight I left the line with my foot pushing the pedal out the firewall and left with probably 40+ lbs of boost pulling the wheels pretty darn good and ran a 10.73 @ 114.... man im out of gear in a bad bad way... run out of gear about 200 to 300 feet before the end. :bang I be I could stack two overdrives on there and it still pull hard..

Chad had a huge sticker on each door made up with his new logo on it, and I stroked his ego every chance I got... I just want him to know how much it means to me. And there were hundreds of people coming up and asking all kinds of question Man that was fun, and I get to back tomorrow to do it again. Thanks displacedtex, wrongway, twisted, and chad @ greencountry for all your help... :Cheer:

Chad had a huge sticker on each door made up with his new logo on it... I just want him to know how much it means to me. And there were hundreds of people coming up and asking all kinds of question Man that was fun, and I get to back tomorrow to do it again. Thanks displacedtex, wrongway, twisted, and chad @ greencountry for all your help... :Cheer:

That is what a sponsor is looking for johnsjas

Hey thanks for coming out man... it was a blast to finally meet ya, and you showed up just in time to change out the gears n axles... :rockwoot:

Well at the pinks arm drop comp tonight I left the line with my foot pushing the pedal out the firewall and left with probably 40+ lbs of boost pulling the wheels pretty darn good and ran a 10.73 @ 114.... man im out of gear in a bad bad way... run out of gear about 200 to 300 feet before the end. :bang I be I could stack two overdrives on there and it still pull hard..

Chad had a huge sticker on each door made up with his new logo on it, and I stroked his ego every chance I got... I just want him to know how much it means to me. And there were hundreds of people coming up and asking all kinds of question Man that was fun, and I get to back tomorrow to do it again. Thanks displacedtex, wrongway, twisted, and chad @ greencountry for all your help... :Cheer:
Congats on shaving a few more .01 off.

If you need a hand with the new gears let me know.

And I know a good trim carpenter that will sponsor you some DVs and tuning if he can scrape up the $$:D

Congats on shaving a few more .01 off.

If you need a hand with the new gears let me know.

And I know a good trim carpenter that will sponsor you some DVs and tuning if he can scrape up the $$:D

:rockwoot::bow:

Well I had a blast today, ended up making it into the final 128, and even made it in to another event that was for 32 cars that were picked my Rich for heads up racing.... problem was that even though I made in into the 32, I blew the input shaft while building a stupid amount of boost during the second qualifying pass trying to drag the rear bumper...:bang:bang:bang All I had to do was set my butt in the stands and watch till the event started... but nooo I had to give it hell and try to beat the previous passes... We got another tranny and built it in the grass and got it going..... but not in time:bang. :bang

But I had a absolute blast, and got tons of attention with my fiberglass Dodge truck body, setting on a G-body frame, running a Cummins motor, Chevy tranny, and a Ford rear end!!! Talk about a theme from Monster Garage. :evil
Oh well, just a couple more times out and then its time to tear it all apart for next year... well see what kind of weird chit I can come up with for next year.... Quest for the 9s??

And Tex...you had better start designing your stickers... theres lots of space left. :poke:

I'm on it...

"Trimming with MORE Precision" :hehe:

I wish I'd been there! You know I'd have been egging you on to run, then laying in the grass with you! And the trailer idea sounds sweet!

And "heck yes!" (in my best Napeloean Dynamite voice) quest for the 9s!

(in my best ghetto girl voice)...... Oh no you didnt!! :hehe::hehe: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No really... that Was my best ghetto voice EVER!! Fo sho..

I'm guessing you won't mind me posting this pic Aaron...

2933457988_f220999aea_b.jpg

I'm just saying...

And Aaron won't ship something out if he doesn't have a truck to do a good mockup/test fit and make sure things are right.

If you wanna sponsor me an 07 and a lift I'll happily sponsor you a set of loops:poke:

I know... if he was able I'm sure they'd have been made. I just have to give him a hard time about it. :kick: :hehe:

Hey Toolman, I saw you today pulling into the Sinclair station (Millers) in Collinsville. You pulled in the station right in front of me. I was in my white 96 Dodge pulling my stock trailer admiring the your truck on the trailer. I did not know that some one in the area had built a drag truck with a Cummins. Congrats on the Sponsor. I pass their shop when I'm doing work in the Vinita area for PSO Electric.

Anyway congrats from a local in the Collinsville area.:woohoo:

Roger

Hey Triton or Texan,
Did you happen to get a picture of that awesome three wheeler Aaron was driving?:hehe:
Dude, that save was freakin' sweet. LIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Left rear tire was at least a foot off the ground.

Back