Grocery Getter

I'm a bettin man, but not if I ain't got a fair chance. Pretty sure I should turn that one down.

I'm a bettin man, but not if I ain't got a fair chance. Pretty sure I should turn that one down.

A little adjustment in one's self, will be needed if you plan on staying.

A little adjustment in one's self, will be needed if you plan on staying.

Just sayin I realize he could probably just push a button and my membership no longer exists. Didn't see much sense on challenging him on that one.

Sigh. Well, I'll say that I don't like giving apologies. But when they're necessary, they're necessary. The "nothing to offer" comment was too much. I bit my tounge on several earlier stupid comments and it came out on you. Flat out, I'm sorry.

As far as the things leading up to that, the reason I was calling 300-350 acceptabe is because of the combination of VE startability, impressive mileage, (low to mid 20's I'd like to think) and not much smoke, all done with a mechanical fuel system. 400-450 would be way cooler but not necessary. I can't imagine a brand new truck is going to put down 350 on the rollers (really don't know on that one.) but if it would **** and git like the new trucks do I'd be happy.

Quite honestly, if you are looking for VE pump and mild performance 1st gen Dodge information, I would recommend Diesel truck resource. Their 1st gen section has a big following and they are really nice people for the most part.

RonA

Quite honestly, if you are looking for VE pump and mild performance 1st gen Dodge information, I would recommend Diesel truck resource. Their 1st gen section has a big following and they are really nice people for the most part.

RonA

I agree. I really like this site when i have a 12v question but VE pump questions seem to get taken care of over to DTR. There are some guys there that have done it all more than once.

After a friend put a FASS on a p-pumped truck. He said it fired off as quick as a VE truck.. I can't say that from personal experience though, and I'd probably lean towards a airdog if you were going to split with the money. Mine actually fired off pretty quick when I had grid heaters and 17* timing.. But I'm willing to try an electric pump, because I want mine to start like a VE truck as well. Definitely not willing to screw with a VE pump though.

Sigh. Well, I'll say that I don't like giving apologies. But when they're necessary, they're necessary. The "nothing to offer" comment was too much. I bit my tounge on several earlier stupid comments and it came out on you. Flat out, I'm sorry.

As far as the things leading up to that, the reason I was calling 300-350 acceptabe is because of the combination of VE startability, impressive mileage, (low to mid 20's I'd like to think) and not much smoke, all done with a mechanical fuel system. 400-450 would be way cooler but not necessary. I can't imagine a brand new truck is going to put down 350 on the rollers (really don't know on that one.) but if it would **** and git like the new trucks do I'd be happy.
Glad to have ya here bud, but wanna point out two things.

Get used to "stupid comments" they are part of they way things are here. And I don't see that changing.

300-350 is not impressive, or "acceptable" around here. And none of us would say a truck at that power level would "**** and git" However, that is easily attainable, and not worth reinventing the wheel over.

Really wasn't sure what forum to put this on, thought this one might have some helpful regular viewers.
Looking to build a engine for the wife's excursion, get some impressive mileage out of it, have plenty of neato factor, start like a champ when stone cold, and have impressive power. Good thing I'm not asking for much.

Probably start with a 12V block, thinkin about a CR head, or maybe a 6.7 12V head, 14mm 205 VE just for the quicker delivery, Open to suggestions on camshaft and injectors. not thinkin that compound chargers would do much good, maybe true twins, couple of HX30's with wastegated #6 housings.
Lookin for opinions.
Thanks.

a574b1b58ah-fail.jpg.jpg

286210 piston, P570 nozzles, I'd keep the 12mm H/R, S200G, and you may add a bit of lift to the cam if you desire.

So stick with a 12V, Haven't used those pistons before, usually I go with 286021's. Not familiar with the nozzle. what thickness sealing washer do they like?

It is the 370 Marine nozzle with the emission style pintle, 0.020" bottom gaskets.

I just love ve threads. There is alot of power locked in those pumps. It takes alot of time and patience to tune one. The payoff is well worth the effort.

Back