highest hp cr on fuel?

I hit over 1000 with just a silverbullet. It can be done, but it is on the edge that is for sure

Kevin

morkable said:
FWIW Lloyd I have learned alot from you over the past year with your posts on dtr etc. I have taken information from all of you (what i call the guys in the know) and turned out a decent product. I cant wait for the day that I get to meet you, Tim Barber etc in person, it will be a highlight for me!

Kevin

Apparently Lloyd is a celebrity in the diesel world, he got a phone call last weekend from a guy who couldn't believe he was actually talking to him :hehe:

I am lucky...Lloyd even worked on my truck saturday...its gonna be a beast now!

Lloyd can you touch my truck if we are at the same event? Diesel Jebus? LOL

TJ- I wish I had recorded that phone conversation with Sunir. LOL

lmills said:
TJ- I wish I had recorded that phone conversation with Sunir. LOL

That was just classic man, I can't wait til he comes to a dyno event or something and gets to meet you!

lloyd thanks for clearing that up. i havent followed to close on this thread since i only drive a dinosaur. dang smokey ol furnace almost wouldnt start last night after sitting for a week, i went to put the plow on and had to say a few words of encouragement.

They're great though, ain't they:D

I'm hoping mine starts this week when I get the tranny back in it!
Chris

jkretzer said:
lloyd thanks for clearing that up. i havent followed to close on this thread since i only drive a dinosaur. dang smokey ol furnace almost wouldnt start last night after sitting for a week, i went to put the plow on and had to say a few words of encouragement.
hmm, have you been neglecting it since you got your newest "ride"

haha, well my newest "ride" smells sweeter, smoother, doesnt smoke, doesnt cost anything to "drive". the ol ride wont get neglected for much longer, time to start buying some new parts. course they all give you trouble.

SEOHPowerstroke said:
So if your annalysis is correct, then why does it matter if you run water on the dyno, if it doesn't directly make HP only indirectly. I'm sure that if you run a motor up to 1800+ degrees for just a short dyno run it wouldn't hurt would it? I've always thought it would take high temps for an extended amount of time to harm an engine. But maybe I'm wrong.

So what I'm trying to say is that if a truck can make a certain amount of HP with water on a dyno it could also make the same amount without it. It would just have less than acceptable EGT's. So is water really considered an additive? Doesn't it server the same purpose as an air to water intercooler, or something to that effect?

Just wondering, not trying to ruffle any feathers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEOHPowerstroke and muddin_dude 06:

I wanted to get on here and explain to you guys the situation with my water system along with power gains, EGT's etc.

As "muddin_dude 06" pointed out, right now I am running a Scheid Water Injection System that utilizes nozzles which go directly into the cylinder head, much like a nitrous system would be plumbed up on a gas drag car.
At present I have five (5) nozzles. Previous to this, I had a Snow Water System with two (2) of their 625ml nozzles going into the air horn. After Scheid rebuilt my engine last year, we found out on their engine dyno that there was no way the Snow System would provide enough pressure OR water to keep my engine cool. Thus, I changed over to what I have now and am very, very happy with it.

I DO NOT run anything in my water tank other than straight distilled water and an additive by "NAPA" (Number 13) which is a lubricant and an anti-rust preventative so my cylinder head will not develop inside rust. This was witnessed by Lloyd Mills among others at our recent Durham Dyno Event if anyone here doubts that. I CANNOT run methanol because of the "mechanical or fixed timing" on the Cummins 5.9 12 valve engine with the P-7100 Pump! I know because I tried, and with the methanol and high timing I run I had "detonation" at high RPM like you would not believe!! You can however, run methanol in the "variable timing" Dodge CTD 24 valve or even the Dodge CTD CR Trucks with no problems, but in my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve with the P-7100 Pump, I do not recommend it!

With all that being said, I have made numerous dyno runs WITH and WITHOUT the water on and I see NO DIFFERENCE in my power with the water on or off. There is alot of "controversy" about water injection with many saying that the water is a "power adder" because it keeps the engine cooler much in the way you described above SEOHPowerstroke! As you also said, while I "make the same amount of power with or without the water, my EGTS WITHOUT the water are literally "off the charts!":hehe: I know that when I had the Snow Water System and tried the water/methanol, I did see a power gain of around 50 H.P. with the water/methanol ON! But as I said above, with JUST distilled water and my additive I see NO H.P. Gains!
I am amazed that the high power CR trucks can run like they do without using any water injection. I know that Tim Barber had a Snow System on his blue 2006, but don't know if he will run it on his new 2004 project truck.

I hope that this has helped you guys to understand it a little better! I didn't mean to "hijack" this great thread on the "Highest H.P. CR Truck" but I wanted to clarify the water issue since it was brought up and my name came up.

Lastly, I was at "Fall Brawl" and finally got to meet and see Lloyd Mills run his truck! What a great guy he is and what a damn powerful truck he has! Lloyd, congratulations again on all your great numbers! You and Tim Barber are the best and I look forward to seeing you guys at some events this upcoming season! :rockwoot:

Take care guys!

-------------
Respectfully,

John_P

lmills said:
Oh I see, since I have not made 900, I do not know what I am talking about. My fault, I will let the big boys like you figure this out.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: LOL LOL LOL :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

By the way.............You all will just be peeing with the puppies on the porch in a few weeks:poke: :evil :evil :evil

:hehe:

Dockboy said:
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: LOL LOL LOL :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

By the way.............You all will just be peeing with the puppies on the porch in a few weeks:poke: :evil :evil :evil

:hehe:
king CR guru, why are you still calling me for advice?

lmills said:
king CR guru, why are you still calling me for advice?

Have to make you feel good!!:poke: :hehe: LOL :hehe:

And you know I'm just kidding right?:poke: :evil

hot d@mn the smack talking starts again. i love it! fuel for our HP parties lloyd.

jkretzer said:
haha, well my newest "ride" smells sweeter, smoother, doesnt smoke, doesnt cost anything to "drive". the ol ride wont get neglected for much longer, time to start buying some new parts. course they all give you trouble.

yeh, maybe one day you will let me take 'er for a ride. LOL

rams-n-hogs said:
ROFLMAO!:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Do you think Mills will need nitrous to lay down big numbers?:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Last edited:
she will be up with us in the garage helping us get the trucks ready for spring fling! she is already talking about it, and she wants to go to smokn in the smokies. she loved cooking on the grill with pappy!

Back