Highest VP44 HP?

Boydo said:
I ran a 699.7 uncorrected on maddogs dynojet in Edmonton a few weeks ago, I have no idea how to correct it. But that was # 2 only, no meth or spray.

I'd like to see your dyno graph with the redline.

i always thought that doug, jetpilot had the highest hp on a vp truck, just read that damien reese did 934hp and 1650 on a vp truck?

old issue of diesel power or diesel world. i can go get the mag to make sure. it had a few guys from idaho and said that there was a 966hp d max on spray and second place went to damien reese with his 01 dodge, HRVP, drag comp, ez, 225hp injectors, nitrous, and a B1 turbo.

its the issue like 3 months ago. had the big f650 or f550 duallie with 6 doors and was sky high.

Rods said:
it was some farm truck and used T/S stage 2 kit
i no it was not doug, i was just reading the old issue and saw the article about this truck. just wondering why it wasnt talked much about on here as thats the highest number i have ever heard of out of an VP truck

I showed dennis the article he called the place that put on the dyno and ask about the truck . Dennis was going to set him up with another turbo but never did hear anything else

Damien made those numbers on a dyno that was known for giving BIG numbers. Same as the 966 HP Duramax. Both are around 650-700 HP.

inline6power said:
i always thought that doug, jetpilot had the highest hp on a vp truck, just read that damien reese did 934hp and 1650 on a vp truck?

Hmmm, sounds like thats the dyno I need to get on...:D Does it automatically add 200HP or is it a percentage higher, say another 30-40%?:D

Anyone that has played with a dyno before knows that it is pretty easy to make a big number. You can do it with any dyno.

DPDIESEL said:
Damien made those numbers on a dyno that was known for giving BIG numbers. Same as the 966 HP Duramax. Both are around 650-700 HP.
ok thanks for your imput, i never thought of that. i wasnt sure where it dynoed at , just read the numbers and thought what the heck, thats a HUGE number for a VP truck, why isnt anyone talking about it.

Oh, I realize that. The dyno is only as accurate as the info put in. Some dynos are historically stingy and some are the opposite.

inline6power said:
i am at 113 to 115 mph right now with my setup. running 4.10s and a 32 inch tire. pulling to 3500 rpms

Inline im sure u already no this but if u put bigger tires or 3.73 gears in that rig u will gain your mph and run better times. Whats your 1/8th mile times.

Kurt

duramaxin14 said:
Inline im sure u already no this but if u put bigger tires or 3.73 gears in that rig u will gain your mph and run better times. Whats your 1/8th mile times.

Kurt
i have 4.10s in it right now and when i ran the 107 i was on a 28 inch tire and was out of rpm by out 200ft before the 1/4,. i now have on 32 inch tires and that 115 to 118 mph is a ruff guesss. i have a 1/4 marked out to the foot on my street. i run it all the time to just get a ruff estimate on whta i am doing. that 107 mph was ran at Redding,Ca a few months ago.

Inline i see more potechinal in your truck. I think u can atleast do 110 115 in a quarter with right gearing. Its sounds like u have the right set up with the pump and injectors and all the others goodies. I beilve if u work on gearing from this point u can possilbey gain a couple 10th's Just my 0.2 though

Kurt

Back