Hogue stepping up in his game and credibility.

Nootch

nosprkreqrd
I seen this done on CAT Tier4I/F engines for a while under the premise you can obtain a better/higher pressure timing the pulse of the pump plunger to the cylinder needing fuel. Stepping back to mechanical in a way. Greg working with Gale to time cp3 belts with his motor.

I mentioned this a few times on the forums and i never heard of anyone exploring the idea, and i am glad that someone is doing so now. Even more glad that Hogue is stepping up. Jackstand racing aside, the man could use some good PR and a few trick things to help him out. If he truly is wanting to push the sport and diesel further, this is an avenue that can be exploited.

Good on ya Gregg. Humbly walk with it sir.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%206.53.22%20PM_zpsbffsy1fh.png

I thought that timing the high pressure pump was usually only done with 4 cyl engines having only one HPFP (cp3 or cp4) ? The more cylinders the engine has and more HPFP's then the less important this issue becomes.

Having 8 cyl's and multiple cp3's would make this an non issue IMO.

the man could use some good PR

Here is the one and only way to good PR for greggie.......

Duct tape his mouth shut, get the rail off the Gawd dayum jack stands and let the time slips do the talking. Preferably time slips that start with 6 or 7.0X.

But as long as greggie keeps flapping his gums bragging about his so called win over JR while JR intentionally gives greggie a second or two head start greggie will continue to be the laughing stock of the sport.

Hell, even wade wasn't tooting his own horn until he had some impressive time slips.

Quite frankly I really am not at all interested in anything greggie is doing as long as his rail in on jack stands.

Just to clarify, greggie is working with GATES per his facebook.

Last edited:
Irregardless, its a step in the right direction for top of the pile performance.

All feelings about Greg aside....what has he done that's "top of the pile" performance? He's trying to reinvent a wheel that rolls just fine for everyone else. Wade came out and destroyed anything Greg has done in just a matter of months vs years of program promises that haven't been fulfilled. I honestly think he bites off these new "test" projects so he can spend more time talking about how good he is instead of getting out and proving once again to everyone how good he's not.

Out of curiosity I looked up when all these promises of dragster glory started.
May 4, 2008.
That's over 7 years ago and exactly nothing but nothing has been accomplished.
Now that Greg has some Gates drive belts to play with he's gonna set the world on fire?
Very, very doubtful.

I haven't seen any data that supports the phasing of the pumps is detrimental to power posted anywhere here.

Out of respect to nootch, when the CR's first hit dodge, people were phasing the pumps to cure noise/rattle and maybe some throttle response. Most of that discussion would be buried in TDR somewhere.

In modern production engines, to my knowledge, phasing is only used to predict metering and decay. Delphi has done this for several years. I'm not sure how serious Bosch has ever been about the matter

Sent from my Not So Smartphone

I seen this done on CAT Tier4I/F engines for a while under the premise you can obtain a better/higher pressure timing the pulse of the pump plunger to the cylinder needing fuel. Stepping back to mechanical in a way. Greg working with Gale to time cp3 belts with his motor.

I mentioned this a few times on the forums and i never heard of anyone exploring the idea, and i am glad that someone is doing so now. Even more glad that Hogue is stepping up. Jackstand racing aside, the man could use some good PR and a few trick things to help him out. If he truly is wanting to push the sport and diesel further, this is an avenue that can be exploited.

Good on ya Gregg. Humbly walk with it sir.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-11%20at%206.53.22%20PM_zpsbffsy1fh.png

Doesn't his post at the bottom of the pic say "Gates" not Gale?

Out of curiosity I looked up when all these promises of dragster glory started.
May 4, 2008.
That's over 7 years ago and exactly nothing but nothing has been accomplished.
Now that Greg has some Gates drive belts to play with he's gonna set the world on fire?
Very, very doubtful.

:thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2:

How many cp3 pumps is he using? Not sure how you time 6 plungers with 8 cylinders in a dual pump setup.

I haven't seen any data that supports the phasing of the pumps is detrimental to power posted anywhere here.

Out of respect to nootch, when the CR's first hit dodge, people were phasing the pumps to cure noise/rattle and maybe some throttle response. Most of that discussion would be buried in TDR somewhere.

In modern production engines, to my knowledge, phasing is only used to predict metering and decay. Delphi has done this for several years. I'm not sure how serious Bosch has ever been about the matter

I read a thread on CF about that while searching for info.

The idea was also posited on DP back in 2010, then on DD in 2011...but nothing was ever tested or tried, just discussion if/what it would accomplish.
I guess when you run 12s in a dragster, you're pretty much desperate for any kind of help.

Back