Hogue stepping up in his game and credibility.

sitting on jackstands and free revving the engine for a youtube video is technically "running", isn't it?

I don't think it's made it that far yet since it was on an engine stand yesterday.
I guess if you spin it really really fast by hand you could check your belt timing. LOL

Hey Greg....50 bucks PayPal to you right now if you can tell me what that cogged belt it called without using Google. LOL

we've all been there at one point in our lives...

kidincar.jpg

I don't think it's made it that far yet since it was on an engine stand yesterday.
I guess if you spin it really really fast by hand you could check your belt timing. LOL

Hey Greg....50 bucks PayPal to you right now if you can tell me what that cogged belt it called without using Google. LOL
I just got done texting another member here about the belts lolololololololol

Sent from my Not So Smartphone

Maybe Greg can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with pulse timing, and everything to do with using a cog belt to drive a CP3 pump with zero slippage.

Maybe Greg can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this has anything to do with pulse timing, and everything to do with using a cog belt to drive a CP3 pump with zero slippage.
Odd, class 8 trucks can pull upwards of 100 HP off an 8 rib belt.

Last edited:
You know its bad when Wade chimes in with a dig in a Hogue thread.

Hogue makes me want to punch kittens. What intelligent person falls for his schtick?

Odd, class 8 trucks can pull upwards of 100 HP off an 8 rib belt.

The belt is still slipping. A "timing" belt won't. Gates has come a long way over the years, with cog belt technology, they are far more efficient than they used to be.

The belt is still slipping. A "timing" belt won't. Gates has come a long way over the years, with cog belt technology, they are far more efficient than they used to be.
Trust me, I'm aware. :p

His definition of engineering is sending a guy at Gates a measurement for length and width or looking through their catalog. He is the biggest joke ever.

"my cp3's aren't timed right"

-another excuse to leave it on jackstands at the track

LML and newer DMAX pumps are timed from the factory, although gear driven. However, you can convert them from CP4 to CP3 and not worry about timing (and CP4 shrapnel) and they run fine and dont really seem to change injector/engine noise at all.
I dont see the need for belt driven pumps and am kinda curious about how large the belt needs to be VS. the load of the pumps.

Haven't had any real issue with our pump belt drive system. Had it since 2012. No there not timed either, LOL

Last edited:
Back