How big of nozzles can I run

So....I'm not the only one wanting a new clutch after driving trent's tuck huh :evil
Definitely a nice product Dan :Cheer:

I haven't even drove it. Just fro
What I've heard it's an awesome product.

Its AWESOME lol I imagine Trent would let you drive his to see what you think just ask

Okie18 if your not busy Saturday night come on up with us. It will be fun.

I've hit 1600 degrees multiple times, i know when i'm racing thats the last thing i'm worried about, but i do hit the max egt recall after my pass.
Nichols, if it makes you feel any better my trucks in the high 13s also, a 13.76 is my fastest, but i'm on a stock turbo, injectors, stock everything other than a tranny and airdog. LOL

So yall are coming up here to tulsa on saturday?

Last edited:
Just a thought what if a person would go to bigger injectors and back his duration down. It would be more like the mechanical motors. Get as much fuel in as quick as you can an quit over spraying the bowls. To me this sounds like a better solution to making these CR motors live. Seems like too much timing and duration= melted pistons, just turn the smarty down to 5 or less instead of 7 or 9.

I broke a belt tensioner playing in my 04.5 6 speed, tensioner went in to the fan, fan got in the radiator, etc. Pricey day for me. My bud has snapped 4 or 5 tensioners. Also has an 04.5 NV5600. We don't know the cause. My theory is the fan clutch kicks on during spirited driving and the tensioner can't take the loading and unloading while banging gears. I also blew a plug on the back of the head doing a 3,700 RPM burnout, didn't realize it, and burnt the engine up once. Another pricey day. I would also lose the Dr. P pressure box and make power any other way I could. As I cracked 3 injectors running their 2025 "Race" box and a capped rail. This was back when capped rails were still all the rage. Another pricey day. Drag racing a manual trans truck is a surefire way to spike rail pressures and destroy our sensitive injectors. After all that, I just parked it. Just a little first hand experience for you.

With a manual trans truck I'd suggest these parts in order.

Enterprise Engine Coolant bypass kit (best bang for buck)
Spare belt tensioner (it WILL break eventually)
CAM (go as big as will fit the first time)
Caltracs or similar traction bars (light weight)
Valair triple disc

Try to get TNT-R. I had/have TNT-R and it works well but, like someone said above, level 7-9 aren't the only levels on the box. Then race the snot out of it. Your times will come down with experience.

Last edited:
thanks mighty goat... i have been trying different ways of launching and seem to have found what it likes to launch at. is the dr. p still bad if i have the hprv on it? i have traction bars on it now and am waiting on a cam from hamilton (3 months now). i just want to get as close to the 12's as i can and when the g56 lets go its getting an auto swap. coolant bypass is definitely on the list.

I broke a belt tensioner playing in my 04.5 6 speed, tensioner went in to the fan, fan got in the radiator, etc. Pricey day for me. My bud has snapped 4 or 5 tensioners. Also has an 04.5 NV5600. We don't know the cause. My theory is the fan clutch kicks on during spirited driving and the tensioner can't take the loading and unloading while banging gears. I also blew a plug on the back of the head doing a 3,700 RPM burnout, didn't realize it, and burnt the engine up once. Another pricey day. I would also lose the Dr. P pressure box and make power any other way I could. As I cracked 3 injectors running their 2025 "Race" box and a capped rail. This was back when capped rails were still all the rage. Another pricey day. Drag racing a manual trans truck is a surefire way to spike rail pressures and destroy our sensitive injectors. After all that, I just parked it. Just a little first hand experience for you.

With a manual trans truck I'd suggest these parts in order.

Enterprise Engine Coolant bypass kit (best bang for buck)
Spare belt tensioner (it WILL break eventually)
CAM (go as big as will fit the first time)
Caltracs or similar traction bars (light weight)
Valair triple disc

Try to get TNT-R. I had/have TNT-R and it works well but, like someone said above, level 7-9 aren't the only levels on the box. Then race the snot out of it. Your times will come down with experience.
6 or 7 yr old truck something had to break. I wouldn't blame it on on you hot rodding.

Back