How many 12mm pumps over 800 on fuel? Over 900?

Ill let you know after ts an im only at 21°the of timing. What do you mean there is only 600cc usable fuel from a 12mm?

Just going from what I have been told. You can get a 12mm pump to push more fuel, but it takes too much time that it is not worth it.

So after 3 pages we have one at just under 800, one at just over 850, and one at just over 1000, and lots of hopefuls. Pretty sure Brad Ponci's truck would be in this category with the mph he was running.

So Ron looks like a handful at best.

i hope to join this club..
kevin built 913 pump that max puts out 680cc with 191's, will be at 26*
ddp4+,dp3 cam, hamilton head decked .060 and back cut valves and currently sorting out the springs, commercial 17.5cr big bowl pistons with .150 deep reliefs, 66 over 91, water to air between the stages and hypermax air to air, twin ram intake..
fingers crossed it will be running next weekend..

i hope to join this club..
kevin built 913 pump that max puts out 680cc with 191's, will be at 26*
ddp4+,dp3 cam, hamilton head decked .060 and back cut valves and currently sorting out the springs, commercial 17.5cr big bowl pistons with .150 deep reliefs, 66 over 91, water to air between the stages and hypermax air to air, twin ram intake..
fingers crossed it will be running next weekend..

Damn :clap: Are you gona throw any juice to it?

I dont know how much horse power but my super stock engine ran mid 10s at 126mph on a 12mm pump with a single 66mm charger.

Darren did do over 930hp with his half ton and a 12mm pump.

The black mamba still has a 12mm pump and it ran 9.28 in the 1/4 last weekend.

All these trucks are fuel only and Darren built all the pumps

Would it be safe to say that a 12mm pump could benefit more from more timing than a 13mm given the 12mm pump does not inject the fuel as quick as a 13mm will? Just a thought.

12mm cam/plungers dont move as much fuel as a 13mm obviously so to get the extra fuel in the hole before ignition you have to lead it with extra timing giving you a benefit over the lower timing with a 12mm. that being said i wouldnt agree that extra timing benefits one more than the other. the biggest difference between the two is the rate of injection. 12mm make good useable power in drag racing for the simple fact they dont take near the HP to turn compared to a 13mm pump. and the thought of trap speed pushing air into and engine seems to gain power i would think... whereas sledpulling doesnt see as much advantage of the entering air velocity do to lower track speeds.....drag motors seem more efficient to me for the simple fact the arent as heavily fueled as a lot of the sledpullers. the hardest thing to do is tell a sledpuller to pull the fuel back. drag guys appear to lean them out more and use thier heads. ive still not convinced that you need to be heavily fueled to make efficient HP..... keep in mind that this is all my opinion. dont consider any of this fact....

I dont know how much horse power but my super stock engine ran mid 10s at 126mph on a 12mm pump with a single 66mm charger.

if you know the wieght we can figure the hp..

Mine weighed 6000 lbs. You also have to remember that the hp calculator does an average number not a spike...ive been told (not sure how true it is) that it would be 100 to 150 hp higher on a dyno?

The guys I know that pulled would actually over fuel to get rid of some there heat. This was on a 13 mm pump.

I'm happy that pump turned out so well for you DEZLFREK, hope it makes the power you want. I'd like to just keep the head on at the little power I have.

I'm happy that pump turned out so well for you DEZLFREK, hope it makes the power you want. I'd like to just keep the head on at the little power I have.[/QUOTE]

thank you sir, we will know soon.. i went to 625 a while back to help keep my head glued down..

I wish id would have sent my pump to darren.

Back