Is a Cam worth it.....the remix+Data

LOL Data shows absolutely ZERO off boost gains. Might need to get your ass dyno's calibrated.

Last edited:
My goal is to move my powerband out a bit. With a light truck and a fair amount of power I can't use it right off idle anyway.
If the cam can do that I'll be happy...I don't expect any huge power increases from it.

My goal is to move my powerband out a bit. With a light truck and a fair amount of power I can't use it right off idle anyway.
If the cam can do that I'll be happy...I don't expect any huge power increases from it.

I hear ya wanted to do the same....YET

HamiltonVSStocker.jpg

I should re-draw it as a line instead of with the data points it follows so close its silly.

I'll throw up a comparison against the triples when they show, should be some very favourable drive pressure, 80mm secondary on a individual runner exhaust manifold. All ball bearing GTX's.

I'll throw up a comparison against the triples when they show, should be some very favourable drive pressure, 80mm secondary on a individual runner exhaust manifold. All ball bearing GTX's.

Looking forward to see your results here. Your truck is definitely gonna rock with that setup.

I replaced a cam in a rebuilt motor and the 181 really improved my setup. I couldn't get a 62 to light much below 2k RPM and now it is much better and tons less smoke. Cam swapped out was a Cummins bus application and I assume that it was designed to do absolutely nothing below the convertor. I believe that cams work. Now moving on into the CRs I have a question. With tuning to get around a cams benefiets how are we effecting other things? If we are shooting fuel late and varying timing to generate heat for lighting the turbo are we losing efficiency vs a cam? I am mainly thinking of this as 5-600HP application that is worked over a all out build. I understand the masking effect and basically curious about power/efficiency of masking vs fixing the problem mechanically.

friggin sweet, cant wait to see that.....i think i might have to step up the set i was wanting to build if that big of a set works for you!

Yeah my butt dyno probably isnt to accurate, after driving it for a couple more days, it might spool a little quicker, I'm looking to dyno this truck first chance I get

Hey Valair did the new cam help any at the track this weekend ?

yeah it seemed to run better at the higher rpms, I shaved a little more than 2 10th's off my 1/8 times. but besides a cam I put some new exergy balanced injectors in. pretty close to the size I was already running, I need more air

Back