John Deere Hy-Gard, what filter?

Anyone put hyguard in a stock tranny before? Would be nice if it lowered the stall on my daily driver until it comes time to beef it up some.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i had to get my screen filter for my 47 at a local trans shop here in town called daacco they had it on the shelf... i love running the hygard...

Open style filter in mine right now. When I service the trans again I will add more to this thread. Will be quite some time though (hopefully).

I run a stock 94-95' Dacron (yellow filter media) filter on both my 98' daily driver and my 95' Junker Drag truck which both run a mixture of HyGard and Type F. My 98' has over 40k miles so if it was going to fail from a filter specific lube restriction, it should have failed by now.

WIX #58707 or the Power Torque #FK119

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/WIX0/58707/03230.oap?year=1995&make=Dodge&model=Ram%2B2500&vi=1095814&ck=Search_transmission+filter_03230_1095814_3847&keyword=transmission+filter&pt=03230&ppt=C0023

58707-fro.jpg

Last edited:
Type F as the other half.... Never thought of that.. Definitely more friction in it, compared to Mercon. Next time fluid changes, its going in.

Anyone put hyguard in a stock tranny before? Would be nice if it lowered the stall on my daily driver until it comes time to beef it up some.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am running it in a stock tranny. Lowered to stall just a pinch maybe 100 rpm. Have about 10k on it now with no issues.

Type F as the other half.... Never thought of that.. Definitely more friction in it, compared to Mercon. Next time fluid changes, its going in.

I run 50/50 HyGard/Type F in my daily driver.

I run 13 qts HyGard to 1 qt Type F in my Junker Drag.

yes. but only 1 quart doesnt color much..

Will how only 14 qts?
I get 16 in my car with ease...

..nevermind, i forgot i have an intercooler turned trans cooler..

yes. but only 1 quart doesnt color much..

Will how only 14 qts?
I get 16 in my car with ease...

..nevermind, i forgot i have an intercooler turned trans cooler..

Go to your local CAT dealer and ask the parts guy for a can of hydraulic dye. It's a bit pricey but if I remember right 1 little can will tent 175 gal. So it's heavily concentrated. Blue and Red are the available colors I believe. I look for the part number when I get home.

Back