Latest pics of our Road Race '06 Dodge....

Diesel-Dan

Just another Texas Boy...
Here is our Road Race 06 we built here at a local shop. We actually did most of assembly of this truck which is a great feeling! We have done 2 road races so far. The latest one being last week and we got clocked at 147 MPH and came in 3rd overall in our class...i will post more details about that when i get them.....BUT we just got some pics...and I personaly want to show off our hard work! Thanks to all our vendors that steped up to help out with the build!

Attachments

• 800 Edit FASS Race truck 3.jpg
    800 Edit FASS Race truck 3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 409
  • 800 Edit FASS truck 1.jpg
    800 Edit FASS truck 1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 800 Edit FASS Truck 2.jpg
    800 Edit FASS Truck 2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Dan that looks great.. COngradulations...We may have to add a road racing section if this takes off?

Specs ? Suspension components/set-up? Etc...

I'd like to know more about it.
Actually...I'd like to throw mine around a road course just to do it. I've upgraded every suspension component I can...and added some that weren't there to begin with. I'm sometimes surprised at how well my truck handles.

wideopen said:
Dan that looks great.. COngradulations...We may have to add a road racing section if this takes off?

Yeah...haha...we will see! So far....the truck does well for its size....i would have never bet on that....but we are looking to relocate some things to put it on a diet.......its a work in progress of sorts....

UNBROKEN said:
Specs ? Suspension components/set-up? Etc...

I'd like to know more about it.
Actually...I'd like to throw mine around a road course just to do it. I've upgraded every suspension component I can...and added some that weren't there to begin with. I'm sometimes surprised at how well my truck handles.

Man...i will stuff yall with specs when i have an hour to kill...this thing is LOADED....here are some teasers:

Custom KORE suspension that is lowered 3-5"

Fully built, ballenced engine by Enterprise

Has a CP3.4 stacked with a D-max CP3.....From Indrustrial

Full Billet Trans by ATS

Big Bro/Silver Bullet Twins by Indrustrial......

The list goes WAY on...but i will update more when i can find the offical list!

CumminAtYa said:
Looks good, why the dual stacks side by side tho?

How many have you seen that way? Wanted to be differant.......

Its growing on me.....but i like it a lot now!

Very cool! I personally like the dual stacks.

Is the truck 2WD or 4WD? A few years back I missed out on a 2WD regular cab Dodge and thought about how cool it would be to make a road racer out of it.

Well...I'll soon have enough motor to do whatever I want.
As for my suspension, I have custom spec front drop springs, I changed some stuff with the rear leafs and relocated the front mounts, relocated the rear shocks out several inches, bigger sway bars/ urethane bushings, upgraded shocks, single steering stabilizer, custom traction bars, aluminum bushings in the front spring eye w/urethane bushings in the shackles...I think that's it.
My next suspension project is a panhard bar. I've built them for my last 2 trucks and they make a world of difference.
Oh yea...upgraded brakes on all 4 corners.
I'm very happy with how it corners...especially for it's size.
What type of class do you run in ? ANy idea on how to hunt something down in Texas that's 3/4 ton truck friendly ?

I likey. I never considered road racing mine but have taken the same approach while building my street rod. All diesels don't have to be turned into tractors on radials. What all have you relocated? Why twins with all the extra weight up front over a tighter single?

Diesel-Dan said:
How many have you seen that way? Wanted to be differant.......

Its growing on me.....but i like it a lot now!
I have seen one similar, a guy with a big furd had two next to each other in the corner at IRP during a street legal drag night. There's another guy that has a couple of turnout stacks popping up out of big utility body around town here, one stack sticks up taller than the other....it's kind of odd looking IMO

Here's another...

sizeimage.php

sizeimage.php

Last edited:
I saw a white 2nd gen truck at the Ofallon, MO pull with stacks like that, they suprised me at first, but it did look good on the second take.

With those dual stacks is it just 1 hole comming out of the bed and then a y pipe making it into 2? I think they look pretty cool kinda like that really nice maroon dually that had the stacks commin out the side of the bed.

Back