Latest pics of our Road Race '06 Dodge....

bring that puppy down to the Big Bend Open Road Race, some of the big boys come for that race, it is pretty neat

looks good!

Your truck looks great.. I've never done any sort of road racing.. The drag strip was closed one night here at Bradenton, so instead of driving an hour home I stopped in at the circle track.. They had normal cars racing two at a time, and the winner would go to the next round.. Well I couldn't stand to just watch, so I entered my 03 crew cab 4x4 dmax that was lifted 9 inches. I had put some small tires on it for the strip (35x12.50 buckshot mudders), and it was a lot of fun.. The dmax ran 13's so I could kill the ricers on the stretches, hog the turns, and came out of the turns several times drifting the rear end around blocking them from getting a run on me out of the corners.. Did I mention oval tracking a lifted truck makes it lean a lot? haha.. I ended up losing to an SS camaro in turn 4 of our final lap. He did get a run off the turn and beat me to the flag. If I had won that, I would have been in the finals. He raced a BMW M3 and lost next time out. Needless to say, I talked to a lot of people that night. It was dumb of me, but the feeling was pretty cool when it was over.. Later that night he had a grudge match with an acura.. The acura came into turn 3 too quick and clipped him sending his bright orange SS into the wall.. He was not very happy..

WUnderwood said:
bring that puppy down to the Big Bend Open Road Race, some of the big boys come for that race, it is pretty neat

looks good!

MAN....i have a special place in my heart for Alpine, Terlingua, Lajeits(SP) and such.....Brad said that if we go...im co-pilot....haha.....

I know there is a big shop in Alpine that builds rides just for that.......

The truck looks SHARP! Nice job, and best of luck to y-all ! Brady was telling me some tidbits on that monster! I cant wait to hear about some results on that coolly crafted rig!

Looking Good Dano.... Just curious why such a big truck??? Just what you had laying around??? haha... Regular cab??

Diesel-Dan said:
Man...i will stuff yall with specs when i have an hour to kill...this thing is LOADED....here are some teasers:

Custom KORE suspension that is lowered 3-5"

Fully built, ballenced engine by Enterprise

Has a CP3.4 stacked with a D-max CP3.....From Indrustrial

Full Billet Trans by ATS

Big Bro/Silver Bullet Twins by Indrustrial......

The list goes WAY on...but i will update more when i can find the offical list!

I'm sure we can guess the fuel system :hehe:
Good looking truck. When do we get a vid :rules:

Diesel-Dan said:
MAN....i have a special place in my heart for Alpine, Terlingua, Lajeits(SP) and such.....Brad said that if we go...im co-pilot....haha.....

I know there is a big shop in Alpine that builds rides just for that.......

I graduated from Sul Ross, so I a little bit about the area, I think its great out there.

I was in that shop a few years ago, there was some big twin turbo/supercharged car that I saw that a buddy of mine was doing the welding on, pretty slick.

That is great! Look at some of the cars you guys beat!

Imagine if you had a 9-inch rear what it would do :hehe:

Holy CHIT!!! LOOK at all the Vipers, Vettes & even a Ferrari that got OWNED by a 163mph DIESEL DODGE 4 DOOR LONG BOX!!!!!!!!!!
That might be the coolest thing I've seen yet!
Awesome job!! :clap: PLEASE post a vid!!!!

KBennett said:
That is great! Look at some of the cars you guys beat!

Imagine if you had a 9-inch rear what it would do :hehe:

That is something we are looking at doing.....(I am a Ford Boy at heart! HAHA!) Talk about easy gear changes!

I know we might have some In-cab vid....but ill look into finding some more interesting vids to watch....

thats awesome. looks like another milestone for the diesel crowd. keep up the good work. i think im starting to like the dual stacks in the middle myself.

DWitcher said:
You guy's are racing this on a closed course track?

Actually US Hwy's....they close down about a 40 - 80 mile section for about 20 Mins at a time and let the racers run wide open for that length (Up to your tech speed of coarse!)

COOL...look what was in my e-mail this morn: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264765839

Its got another CP3 and some other stuff since that vid was shot....but you get the point....I dont get the crosseyed guy....i was tring to figure that one out myself....

Here you guys are doing it and we only hear a little bit. Then ya got that "other" company that talks a big game and has nothing to show......

WTG guys, great truck. I'd like to see on the flats. Think you can bust 161 MPH? :1tooth:

Burner said:
Here you guys are doing it and we only hear a little bit. Then ya got that "other" company that talks a big game and has nothing to show......

WTG guys, great truck. I'd like to see on the flats. Think you can bust 161 MPH? :1tooth:

We have high hopes at least and from the way it runs...we think 180 is possiable.....one thing we don't want to do is claim the truck can do something it can't....we will let the numbers do the talking on that one....good or bad.....we are just excited that the truck runs as good as it does with all the stuff done to it at one time!!! I mean...this thing was TOTALY rebuilt from the gnd up! haha.....

Back