Let's talk twins

A K31 only flows 82lbs/min IIRC. You could run a 62/14/B2 combo with mach 6's pretty easily. When I helped Don develop the Mach 5's, 6's, and 7's I use to run them all the time with a HX40/B2 combo. The 62mm S300's spool way better than the HX40 could ever dream of.

duke1n said:
Which cam? How fast do you spin the engine? Have you been into the bottom end?

The F1 Helix 2. Shifts at 2800rpm, out through the lights at 3200. The bottom end has never been touched.

Paul

If you are getting a k31 there are several combinations of that series. I have one that has a 66 mm air wheel and 20.6 exhaust housing. The one citydiesel sells has a 71 mm air wheel I think.

You can run 6s with a single. I"ve ran 2s $ 4s with a B1-2 and then 4s & 6s with a 66 and 64/14 from Industrial Inj. I wouldn't recommend trying to run 6s or even 4s with a single if you want to tow heavy very much but for zipping around on the street, they are fine. I rarely see 1350 with the 6s driving 40 miles to work with the Comp on 3x5. On 5x5 and a pull out to 90mph it will touch 1500. By the time it get's hot enough to start noticing, you're getting out of it hoping no cops are around and just witnessed that little blast lol.

Paul, any reason you don't spin it on out to say 3500? Still pondering that Redline box...

Idaho CTD said:
Lance,

See if you can find out how much your 64/14 flows first and then shop for a bottom charger. It's less than 72lbs/min because that is what a 66mm flows. The biggest box stock S400 commonly used flows 96lbs/min. I suspect your turbo flows about 65-68lbs/min. The combo would work but I'd use a slightly larger primary.

Nathan

So what you are saying is..... i want a larger primary??
I still want a little spoolup so i really dont wanna go too much smaller.

Why would that work again 64/14-S400(B2) combo......???

If that wouldnt work, then what combo would with my 64/14.??

Lance

duke1n said:
Paul, any reason you don't spin it on out to say 3500? Still pondering that Redline box...

Because I run slower when I do... Even on the dyno, my hp drops pretty quick after 3000rpm. Same results with two different drag comps, and two different injection pumps. I will be trying a redline box in a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how that does. Then again... I bracket race. Consistency is more important then speed. But...consistency and speed is way cool!!! :rockwoot:

Paul

Idaho CTD said:
I didn't say it wont work I'd just use something a bit larger.

I agree. IMO a 62/14 is great for an S400. A 64/14 ends up in that gray area, but an S400 with a 80mm wheel might be a good combo. A 66 needs something bigger then an S400 for sure. Maybe a big brother...:evil

Some feel that an S400 is to big for a 62/14, and that a K31 is better. This might be true for street only driving, but not for max power, or use at the dragstrip.

For me the 62/14 over an S400 is about perfect.

Paul

i totally understand that but, there is no way in heck that i am going to get rid of the 64/14 and buy another one.

What is the biggest wheel you can get on a S400 for ultimate air movement??

EITHER WAY, I want something to mate up with my 64/14 and i just thought that an S400 would be a good option.

If not an S400, what do yall suggest???

Lance

oldsmokey97 said:
i totally understand that but, there is no way in heck that i am going to get rid of the 64/14 and buy another one.

What is the biggest wheel you can get on a S400 for ultimate air movement??

EITHER WAY, I want something to mate up with my 64/14 and i just thought that an S400 would be a good option.

If not an S400, what do yall suggest???

Lance

The guys that help me "in my sig" with turbos have units loosely based on the S400's that go all the way to 91mm, and 1500+hp.:bang

Just got back from World Of Concrete in Vegas, the new diesel engines all have variable vane turbos except the Cats with twins, The Detroit 60 had a huge turbo on it but the painted over the identiy plate. They did the same thing to the turbos on the Macks, but that turbo looked smaller than a S300. I have some picks but I will have to get them off my phone some how. Wonder when these turbos will be avaliable

Hey anyone know what turbos are the twins on a Cat C-15? Thier is a set on ebay right now, wondering how they spool up?

duke1n said:
I have no idea, I'm just interested in hearing from someone who had higher end EGTs and did a cam to see what the actual difference was.

Well before my cam I was hitting well over 1500 with a heavy foot while pulling. Also would hit them around the 1/8 mile. I could let off at the end of the 1/4 and guage would sit on 1500 for a bit and them start dropping. I put in my Haisley street puller cam and now can hardly hit 1350 in the quarter. Even while pulling i can set the smarty on 8 the edge on 5x5 and not even hit 1400. However i did have the cam and headwork done at the same time. I was very impressed with the cam. Spool up is a lot quicker and smoke cleared up a bit.

Now i am happy with my egts but want more hp. Going to try a bigger set of injectors.

Back