Lsm's Billet Aluminum Block

ce6905bf.jpg

1070W blocks are BBC, not duramax! :lolly:

Last edited:
Quoted from the source

"The new CN Blocks Aluminum Dmax diesel block is soon to be a reality. I wanted no part of duplicating a Dmax block in aluminum. . Anyone using these blocks will not be using them on the street, very few sanctioning body’s will approve them for anything other than mod pullers. In drag racing the deal is wide open so why on this god green earth would you not correct the inherent problems in the Dmax platform.
I have been working directly with Chuck at CN Blocks to make a race block that will have a water option. The block will be an exact duplicate of the Big Block Chevy Pro mod blocks that CN currently builds. These block hold close to 5000 hp and 3500 ft. lbs. of torque in Turbo motors. This block is also out of stronger forged billet aluminum and not poured aluminum billet.
The blocks only deviation from the BBC billet block is the bore spacing of 4.646 vs. 4.840 of a Chevy. The crank is a Chevy with reduced main web spacing. By using the Chevy platform you gain the enormous selection of racing bearings. The front drive will be the standard +.400 Chevy cams location. You can use a Jesel belt drive, a summers bothers gear drive or even a HD double roller chain.
The rear is a Chevy without having to use a Dmax adapter. All in all the block is tremendously stronger the aluminum copy of a Dmax block. The lifters will be Chevy roller lifters with Chevy link bars. The oiling will oil like a Chevy . The oil pan is Chevy Pro Stock DRCE II .
The block is available 6 weeks after order from CN Blocks the pricing is under $8000 and the cranks are $2800 for a billets crank. The bore can go as large as 4.500, and the stroke is up to 4.500. This would make a 572 cid. I am using a 4.25 bore and the same 3.75 stroke as in my current engine. This combination makes a short stroke 427.
The head studs are 9/16 Pro Mod style studs that are deep in the block. These studs are larger then 14 mm studs, and considerable less expensive.
The reasoning behind choosing CN Blocks is that building Pro Mod, Top Sportsman, and nitro block is their primary business. They turn out hundreds of blocks."

The picture of the rail was just my clever way of citing the source.

Figured it was an appropriate addition to an already phucked up billet block thread.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 15 (14 members and 1 guests)
AHall+, hermunen, 700kenny, Cumminsfever, cumminz90, phale, Turbo Performance, LReiff, COMP461, mikey450, duck_04, vhaisley, BlackCPG

Last edited:
Quoted from the source

"The new CN Blocks Aluminum Dmax diesel block is soon to be a reality. I wanted no part of duplicating a Dmax block in aluminum. . Anyone using these blocks will not be using them on the street, very few sanctioning body’s will approve them for anything other than mod pullers. In drag racing the deal is wide open so why on this god green earth would you not correct the inherent problems in the Dmax platform.
I have been working directly with Chuck at CN Blocks to make a race block that will have a water option. The block will be an exact duplicate of the Big Block Chevy Pro mod blocks that CN currently builds. These block hold close to 5000 hp and 3500 ft. lbs. of torque in Turbo motors. This block is also out of stronger forged billet aluminum and not poured aluminum billet.
The blocks only deviation from the BBC billet block is the bore spacing of 4.646 vs. 4.840 of a Chevy. The crank is a Chevy with reduced main web spacing. By using the Chevy platform you gain the enormous selection of racing bearings. The front drive will be the standard +.400 Chevy cams location. You can use a Jesel belt drive, a summers bothers gear drive or even a HD double roller chain.
The rear is a Chevy without having to use a Dmax adapter. All in all the block is tremendously stronger the aluminum copy of a Dmax block. The lifters will be Chevy roller lifters with Chevy link bars. The oiling will oil like a Chevy . The oil pan is Chevy Pro Stock DRCE II .
The block is available 6 weeks after order from CN Blocks the pricing is under $8000 and the cranks are $2800 for a billets crank. The bore can go as large as 4.500, and the stroke is up to 4.500. This would make a 572 cid. I am using a 4.25 bore and the same 3.75 stroke as in my current engine. This combination makes a short stroke 427.
The head studs are 9/16 Pro Mod style studs that are deep in the block. These studs are larger then 14 mm studs, and considerable less expensive.
The reasoning behind choosing CN Blocks is that building Pro Mod, Top Sportsman, and nitro block is their primary business. They turn out hundreds of blocks."
I missed it somewhere. What heads? Dmax?