Manual trans DMax 12.20 @ 112

That's a hell of a feat for a manual, I wonder what your truck actually weighs? I'm assuming a manual is lighter than an Allison, but it takes a bit to get one of these to 5500lbs. Max'd Out is pretty stripped and weighs 6120 with Rob driving. It has a full role cage and 4 drive line hoops. two tranny blankets, and a flex plate shield. No AC, regular fuel tank, back bumper, tow hitch or spare tire carrier. Still has full dash, with wipers and stero and heater core however.

Damn thats awesome Caleb!

You are THE FASTEST manual! Here comes 11s!

The thing I find so funny is that Jeff Prince has held the record for what? 5 years? That was with a 2wd dually 5 speed manual.
When I talked to him, he said the truck had an 11s pass in it if he could keep a trans and a clutch together long enough.

Those ZF6 trans seem to be 100x better than the NV trans.

Congrats!

if I can get get off the line and the 60 down to 2.0's I'm in the mid 12's on that alone. Plus this gate is still leaking, wonder what another 40hp up top would do if I can gain another 5psi. HTT's got new housings again, so I'll have a fix for my fix that's fixed soon :p.

I'll take the advice and rev the crap outa of it and try to get to a track again before years out, or if I decide on that Dr. P box, something lower and more conservative with a little added boost on the line.

heh, at BIR for a while all of the trucks were 9000# for the first 1/2. Then they got down to 7000# according to the announcer. Interesting points he made to the gassers running int he 11's and 10's at 3200# with the amount of HP they all need to make a run down the track.

That's a hell of a feat for a manual, I wonder what your truck actually weighs? I'm assuming a manual is lighter than an Allison, but it takes a bit to get one of these to 5500lbs. Max'd Out is pretty stripped and weighs 6120 with Rob driving. It has a full role cage and 4 drive line hoops. two tranny blankets, and a flex plate shield. No AC, regular fuel tank, back bumper, tow hitch or spare tire carrier. Still has full dash, with wipers and stero and heater core however.

For what it's worth, my truck weighs 6690 with me in it. Ext. Cab, ZF6, 4WD.

if I can get get off the line and the 60 down to 2.0's I'm in the mid 12's on that alone. Plus this gate is still leaking, wonder what another 40hp up top would do if I can gain another 5psi. HTT's got new housings again, so I'll have a fix for my fix that's fixed soon :p.

I'll take the advice and rev the crap outa of it and try to get to a track again before years out, or if I decide on that Dr. P box, something lower and more conservative with a little added boost on the line.

heh, at BIR for a while all of the trucks were 9000# for the first 1/2. Then they got down to 7000# according to the announcer. Interesting points he made to the gassers running int he 11's and 10's at 3200# with the amount of HP they all need to make a run down the track.

I don't think 2.0's is going to get you to the mid 12's anytime soon. 1.83 60' in 05_LLY's wife's truck is a 12.8 1/4 @ around 7300# Cummin Get Some 60' was a 1.8 on a 12.90 in the 1/4 NV5600 truck.

When you get to the 12.1's then you can call the Chevy out. Build it, do it, and then talk about it.

Last edited:
I don't think 2.0's is going to get you to the mid 12's anytime soon. 1.83 60' in 05_LLY's wife's truck is a 12.8 1/4 @ around 7300# Cummin Get Some 60' was a 1.8 on a 12.90 in the 1/4 ZV5600 truck.

When you get to the 12.1's then you can call the Chevy out. Build it, do it, and then talk about it.

with a 2.6 60' I'm at 13.5. shaving .6 off my 60 would translate more then 12.9 in the 1/4 would it not? I'll be in the power earlier with more track right?

heck, I went from a 6.9 330' to a 6.0 330 with just figuring out part of the launch technique.

If a 1.8 is possible based on Cummin Get Some's 60'. Then a 12.5 is possible with what ever Cummin Get Some does to get moving. I'm running what 6mph faster in the traps then he is. I have more power, just lack the technique right now. I'll figure it out. :)

Cummin Get Some, what gear and tire size you running?

with a 2.6 60' I'm at 13.5. shaving .6 off my 60 would translate more then 12.9 in the 1/4 would it not? I'll be in the power earlier with more track right?

heck, I went from a 6.9 330' to a 6.0 330 with just figuring out part of the launch technique.

If a 1.8 is possible based on Cummin Get Some's 60'. Then a 12.5 is possible with what ever Cummin Get Some does to get moving. I'm running what 6mph faster in the traps then he is. I have more power, just lack the technique right now. I'll figure it out. :)

What are you trapping at the 1/8???? Do you have a slip that you can post the numbers?

What are you trapping at the 1/8???? Do you have a slip that you can post the numbers?

My best run:

RT 1.745 (didn't care about this... 6th launch on DD)
60 2.634
330 6.098
1/8 8.97
mph 84.77
1000 11.45
1/4 13.52
mph 108.66

First run
rt 1.5
60 2.8 (bog slip bog slip, go)
330 6.8
1/8 9.8
mph 83.01
1000 12.3
1/4 14.48
mph 108.12

BIR scale: 7340 right after that run best run

No sub box, 1/2 take fuel, no tail gate. no spare

left the 2 amps and cap and wiring. train horns and valir 330 pump and 1 gallon tank. run an air dog. nitto 285/70/17 tire (32.75 new. Worn tire, possibly at 32.5" now) the heavy rims with fake chrome. 3.73 gears.

I have the potential, just need to figure out what you guys are doing to get moving :)

"IF" is a big word. Talking about it don't make you fast.

Well at least hes out there trying and not acting like a bench racer telling people how it should be.

Easy Pal. Been around the sport of Drag Racing ALONG time. Not my first rodeo. Number are numbers. Numbers talk.

He should start his own thread instead of derailing this one.

Easy Pal. Been around the sport of Drag Racing ALONG time. Not my first rodeo. Number are numbers. Numbers talk.

He should start his own thread instead of derailing this one.

There's enough "atta boy threads" around here... It's interesting to debate what if's and how to's.. I've got pointers that I"ll take to the track from this thread. And I've provided data that argues what I could do with the new pointers.

Frankly, you're derailing this thread, I'm not.

There's enough "atta boy threads" around here... It's interesting to debate what if's and how to's.. I've got pointers that I"ll take to the track from this thread. And I've provided data that argues what I could do with the new pointers.

Frankly, you're derailing this thread, I'm not.

I'm Derailing???? Trying to keep things straight. Good luck with your quest. Not as easy as one thinks.

Now back on the topic!

Back