March Texas Diesel Shootout - March 11th

Pretty sure the drums are right inside the door of the container.

I want to give a big thanks to everyone that came out to race, as well as those folks that came out to support the racers. We had a great turnout and the weather was perfect for some fast times.

Seeing as this was the first race of the year, we had a few things to work out, but it was a big learning exercise for me and things get better each week.

Congrats to David Venuto for the first win on the first Texas Diesels Shootout of 2011. You got one heck of a good running truck. I hope mine gets that fast one day.

Another congrats to Max Kirtley for winning the first of the Texas Diesel Shootout Prostreet Series race of the year. I hope to see more more Prostreet racers in the upcoming weeks to catch up with Max. It's going to be a great year.

Lastly, congrats to Matt Fikac on winning the Smarty Jr. I'm sure it will go to good use.

As I said before, HUGE THANKS to all the racers. Without you guys, this wouldn't exist. I hope to see more trucks in the future. I know with the support of the diesel racing community here in Houston, we can make this little event grow into something much more.

Curtis Harris
Race Director of the Texas Diesel Shootout.

Nevermind Michael. Went ahead and ordered new slicks today. $600 is hard to let go of!

10-4
I know what you mean, I ordered a intermediate shaft....LOL
Your going to find out what I already know.
That this ProStreet thing is expensive.
Lots of people think it's easy, it's not...

Last edited:
Nevermind Michael. Went ahead and ordered new slicks today. $600 is hard to let go of!

WTF what size slicks you running? Im looking at 800 plus for new slicks. :doh:

MDW that is no Joke. Joe Blow doesn't want to pay for the fuel and Nitrous bill for an event let alone when something breaks. Hell I don't want to pay for it either LOL!

going down in size jake. it had a 33/16.50-16 on a 12inch wide rim but the middle was worn bad ( no wear holes at all ). dad talked to one of his friends that used to work at competition sales here in houston but is at jegs now and said try a narrower tire for my rim to try and flatten the tire out. went with a m/t 33x10.5w which is actually 11.5 wide. this way i should be able to run some of the local street classes that limit you to 10.5's

Yeah 10.5 outlaw tires work good on 12's to bad they arent 15's I have a good set I would part with fairly cheap.

WTF what size slicks you running? Im looking at 800 plus for new slicks. :doh:

MDW that is no Joke. Joe Blow doesn't want to pay for the fuel and Nitrous bill for an event let alone when something breaks. Hell I don't want to pay for it either LOL!

If most PS guys fuel and nitrous bill trippled it would still would not compare much to the breakage and regular wear and tear items. If your truck and motor are good that is awesome!.... Just the 2-3 tranny builds a year will affect most peoples account a good bit.

going down in size jake. it had a 33/16.50-16 on a 12inch wide rim but the middle was worn bad ( no wear holes at all ). dad talked to one of his friends that used to work at competition sales here in houston but is at jegs now and said try a narrower tire for my rim to try and flatten the tire out. went with a m/t 33x10.5w which is actually 11.5 wide. this way i should be able to run some of the local street classes that limit you to 10.5's

Most all street classes are 10.5 biggest not 10.5w.

Hey Max what size tire's you running and whats your weight if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Max what size tire's you running and whats your weight if you don't mind me asking?

Whatever I can find cheap used. currently 32x14x15 but have ran 4 other sizes. Truck is right around 5k race weight. What does yours weigh in at?

Anyone else have any vids or pics?

The pig is a whopping 5600 lbs before my fat arse gets in it. LOL We both need to go on a diet...

For the weight you seem to have it running well. Going to Ennis?

Yeah planning to take it hope to see better result this weekend. Not much point in running PS in it if I can't atleast get it in the 10's before then. I was launching in second gear but am putting first gear back in to see if she will hold it and improve my snail like 60's.

I have yet to really open it up yet so hoping to get it in the game ET wise.

come on jake. im running ps in ennis if it runs decent. if i can you can! lol who else runs pro street that will be there?

max?
that blue chevy out of dallas?
i thought i red mdw wont be there this year
maxed out making the trip?

Plus Bruce with half ton dodge for sure. Bully dog truck maybe?? Hell stelly might run both...

Jake our trucks are all close

Last edited:
Owe thought that 3/4 ton late model duramax crew cab was blue. Actually not sure what color it was but he is local and coming back too. Bruce's truck was black I thought. It just got painted anyway.

I still have every intention of running PS.

I would bet on Max, Stelly, Bruce, Bully Dog, at least If Maxed comes that could get real ugly real fast lol.

I guess I could get lucky if Scott and Chris show maybe I can draw them for the first 2 rnds! :shake:bif

Back