*Mid Atlantic Pulling Association*

Mid Atlantic pulling Ass. mod class what should it be

• Total voters
YES there was total chaos YES the track at the end with the big dip in the right side totally sucked YES there was a POS sled that dropped the pan halfway down the track on some and all the way down the track on others YES they shouldnt of pulled through the gate at the end almost killing people and YES it wasnt the best organization job ever but the same trucks that have been pulling well in the last few pulls ranked up about the same as Lebanon last saturday night IMO theres a few extremely sore losers that need to grow the F*** up and realize there were people trying as hard as they could to put a good event and show on for both the pullers and the fans so give them the credit for trying..... you know when you were building your truck you had your ****ty nights in the start but look where you are now lets just hope they took notes last night and will truely "SEE THE LIGHT"

I would like to start by saying thank you to all those who helped out last night, for the patience from most, and cecil county for letting us pull there. Now my feelings on the rest..... MAPA was there like at the rest of the pulls this year we did not set it up we only try to supply man power to the tracks. It was not the most organized but that was the most trucks i have ever seen there. Dave sorry you are so upset i ask you to think about it before you drop out. I hope that all see one not so great event doesnt mean the whole org. is messed up. As for the hope we took notes my note book is full and then some. We opened alot of eyes on what mapa can supply as far as the amount of trucks. now maybe we can even look at a two night event. We are going to talk with the fair board about some of the issues and try to make next year there 100 times better. The f it attitude was not the attitude we had at all but a person can only be yelled at for so long. We have alot of ideas to make it better and were there till 4 am talkin about the pull. The end of the track can not be controled if people will not listen to the person directing. It is a huge safty concern and will be adressed. Thank you agin to all that helped out and hung in there it was a very late night. I would like to add i think we tried to do the best we (mapa and track officals) could to put on the best show possible even though we were still short handed even with the many volenteers. I also would like to say mapa is all volenteer we put alot of time in to this to try to make the sport get better. I dont think many take into consideration the amount of time it takes to put on a pull or operate an orginization. This being our first year we know there will be things that need to change or be look at, thats why we have asked for patience and any thoughts of what we can do to make it better until we get a year or so under our belt.

Last edited:
I would like to start by saying thank you to all those who helped out last night, for the patience from most, and cecil county for letting us pull there. Now my feelings on the rest..... MAPA was there like at the rest of the pulls this year we did not set it up we only try to supply man power to the tracks. It was not the most organized but that was the most trucks i have ever seen there. Dave sorry you are so upset i ask you to think about it before you drop out. I hope that all see one not so great event doesnt mean the whole org. is messed up. As for the hope we took notes my note book is full and then some. We opened alot of eyes on what mapa can supply as far as the amount of trucks. now maybe we can even look at a two night event. We are going to talk with the fair board about some of the issues and try to make next year there 100 times better. The f it attitude was not the attitude we had at all but a person can only be yelled at for so long. We have alot of ideas to make it better and were there till 4 am talkin about the pull. The end of the track can not be controled if people will not listen to the person directing. It is a huge safty concern and will be adressed. Thank you agin to all that helped out and hung in there it was a very late night. I would like to add i think we tried to do the best we (mapa and track officals) could to put on the best show possible even though we were still short handed even with the many volenteers. I also would like to say mapa is all volenteer we put alot of time in to this to try to make the sport get better. I dont think many take into consideration the amount of time it takes to put on a pull or operate an orginization. This being our first year we know there will be things that need to change or be look at, thats why we have asked for patience and any thoughts of what we can do to make it better until we get a year or so under our belt.

I stand by what I asked a few posts back, from what I saw I don't want any part of this pulling association.

YES there was total chaos YES the track at the end with the big dip in the right side totally sucked YES there was a POS sled that dropped the pan halfway down the track on some and all the way down the track on others YES they shouldnt of pulled through the gate at the end almost killing people and YES it wasnt the best organization job ever but the same trucks that have been pulling well in the last few pulls ranked up about the same as Lebanon last saturday night IMO theres a few extremely sore losers that need to grow the F*** up and realize there were people trying as hard as they could to put a good event and show on for both the pullers and the fans so give them the credit for trying..... you know when you were building your truck you had your ****ty nights in the start but look where you are now lets just hope they took notes last night and will truely "SEE THE LIGHT"

I'm gonna assume this was directed mainly at me cuz I spoke up about what went down last night ... and its clearly me in a nut shell

Last edited:
im not singleing out one person in total there were quite a few people who were just plain sore losers that had a bad attitude from the get go once problems arose..... im just saying that granted there were quite a few problems last night to which mapa owned up to part and i think we all agree on the POS sled there but just because of these few problems doesnt mean you gotta blow your boot and start flipping on the people who are your friends/ aquantances that were trying there best given the problems that arose....

Dave i am just as pissed about last night as you however my anger is not focused towards MAPA but towards the operator of the sled. A LOT of us got SCREWED last night but not by mike and the other guys but by the guy who obviously could not run that sled to save his ass, or come prepared by having it ready to hook (with out any breaking issues) and full tank of fuel. I completely understand why you are mad but neither of us can put the majority of the blame on the MAPA guys when it is not there cross to bare. They realize that the sled screwed them so they are now fixing the issue by not renewing his contract. To me that sounds like a group of guys who realize that the competitors and spectators deserve better and they are making an effort to do just that. Now as far as them yelling at the competitor(s) or people standing at the end of the track, hell yes that is dangerous but can you honestly tell me that those yoyo's were listening to mike and the other guys when they asked them to move? I know me personally if i had to yell at people all night who were not listening and on top of that had competitors upset and yelling i would not have been able to keep my cool. hell i was ready to jump out of my truck and go yank that stupid bas***d out of the sled because i was so mad but figured it best not to make an ass out of myself and the organization. I am sorry that last night was not perfect but i do think we have a good group of guys trying to get a good organization going. I hope to see you at the next pull AS A MEMBER OF MAPA. THANK YOU TO MIKE, LARRY, DONNY, MARK, KIETH, STEVEN, WILL AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HELPED PUT ON THE PULL LAST NIGHT. Might not have got it right on the first try but there is always time to make things better. see you tonight

Drew

I'd like to go back and find my posts from 2009...if everyone just stops hooking to that hunk of scrap iron, nobody will hire the. That sled is not only a waste of time but dangerous and sooner or later someone is gonna get hurt big time.

I'm glad MAPA is trying to help, but that pull will always be chaos with a 7pm start time on a weeknight and so many classes to get done.

I can understand Dave's frustration, hopefully he is another one that will never hook to that boat anchor again and help keep them in business.

I fully understand the frustrations of Dave and everyone else. I was probably one of the most pissed off people of the night, but what EVERYONE needs to understand is that M.A.P.A did not host the event! All they were there to do was supply "man power", As far as how the event was organized (such as: not having a numerical pulling order, how the classes were announced, or the poeple at the end of the track) was still aranged/preformed by the members of the fair board. The shear number of trucks that showed up to pull caught everyone helping off guard, and caused more madness. all I can ask is for everyone to not judge the Organization on one bad event in our first year of operation. I will not beg anyone to stay with us, because that solves nothing. And I hope to see everyone at the next event.

im just glad mapa is a organization that listens to its members and is a great group in my eyes and many others, that was a long rough nite for everybody but sounds like the fair board is aware of the problems and are working on the fix for next year, as far as the dumba**es at the end of the track i was there with mike on several different times he was tryin to keep them outta of the way, people just dont listen he went as far as tryin to get them kicked out, and as far as the organization of the pull yea it sucked but if was at a national event a couple weeks ago that alot of things went wrong at too, so i doesnt matter if you have ran 50 events or 1 ****s going to happen, my hats off to the mapa crew for the long hours put in last nite

I can understand Dave's frustration, hopefully he is another one that will never hook to that boat anchor again and help keep them in business.

you don't have to worry about me hooking to that thing again ... the seld opperator is damn lucky I got stoped on my war path before I got to him.

I fully understand the frustrations of Dave and everyone else. I was probably one of the most pissed off people of the night, but what EVERYONE needs to understand is that M.A.P.A did not host the event! All they were there to do was supply "man power", As far as how the event was organized (such as: not having a numerical pulling order, how the classes were announced, or the poeple at the end of the track) was still aranged/preformed by the members of the fair board. The shear number of trucks that showed up to pull caught everyone helping off guard, and caused more madness. all I can ask is for everyone to not judge the Organization on one bad event in our first year of operation. I will not beg anyone to stay with us, because that solves nothing. And I hope to see everyone at the next event.

I would have to say the thing that pissed me off the most about M.A.P.A was the don't like it you can leave comment ( this was said to others as well). you asked for suggestions and help and this is the responce you get?

As far as I'm concerned, with the Rebel Junk there the Fair pull was a complete waste of everyone's time both the pullers and the fans watching. The only thing that was proven is that Rebel junk and it's operators are worthless.

I would have to say the thing that pissed me off the most about M.A.P.A was the don't like it you can leave comment ( this was said to others as well). you asked for suggestions and help and this is the responce you get?

I understand how that was not the thing that needed to be told to one of our most supportive members! But there is nothing I can personally do for that situation. Im sure who said that to you was just as frustrated as your were at that point in time, and his anger was let out at the wrong time.

Will, I'm sorry but after being turned away with my ford because the scale was so far off and the fair board not wanting to adjust the gas weight like every other pull has, I'll never pull there again. It's always chaos and always will be. Except for the few people who understand how a pull is supposed to go the rest are like Jersey girls trying to pump gas..... they dont understand the concept! Pulling events with the number of classes they want to run don't work with a 7pm start time. I'm sorry its not going to work. I've been pulling since the end of the 2007 pulling season, and have never seen the fair have a good pull. We all agree the rebel is junk, thats a dead horse. Even with a working sled 100-140 or so trucks, you will not leave that fair grounds before midnight. I'm not sure what else needs to be said. My Dodge has been down all season so I have not made a pull yet this season, but I have to give Will and the Crew credit for trying to get MAPA up and going. Just take things at a stride and learn from them!

congrats to jamie and every one else that did well at the pull last night. glad to see that MAPA has some great trucks for us all to compete with and have a good time. Looks like i have two big bad dodges to worry about now. ;-)

congrats to jamie and every one else that did well at the pull last night. glad to see that MAPA has some great trucks for us all to compete with and have a good time. Looks like i have two big bad dodges to worry about now. ;-)

Haha!! Thanks!! Was a good show! Yesterday was expensive for me! Was worth it though. :rockwoot:

i used to have an extra hx35 sitting around. i can look and see if i can find it. if i do you can have it because i have no need for it anymore

Back