My 93 street/sled truck project with pics!

I've got pretty quick at changing injectors too, I've got a slide hammer I made to pull them with

Well didn't get to put clutch and tranny in this weekend but did go to harbor freight and spend some money. Got me a engine stand.
4336c21c-64a8-dabc.jpg

Wooden blocks there for added insurance in case this dude decides to fold up lol

Oh and a side note. Taking cams out and putting em in are such a pain in the ass. I done mine when I swapped pumps and now I'm trying to pull this one. I didn't get far and I quit for the night lol

If you mount the engine in the stand sideways it's less stress on it and safer. Looks good though, what are the plans for the engine?

well i thought about mounting it sideways, but then i dont think i could rotate it upside down if i wanted too with out it hitting the stand. im not sure how its going to work if i turn it upside down the way ive got it mounted be alot more top heavy weight. i had it turned 90 degrees last night but i couldnt flip it upside down by myself nor did i want to try lol. im still kinda in the brainstroming stage as far as parts go, im going to take the head and block to machine shop, head prolly get orings deck valve job and port&polish, gunna keep stock intake shelf. the cylinderfs have some surface rust in them but still see the cross hatching in them so im not sure if they will have to be just honed or bored some, gunna wait and see on that before i order pistons. prolly going to go with a marine bowl piston if i can find the ones i want, unless i find something better for a decent price. cam will prolly be a hamilton 188/220. i have 2 injection pumps, a 175, and a 215 thats on my truck now. once i get my truck back going am going to pull the 215 off and send it to seth at dpe i believe and have him bench it. then maybe later on down the road send him the 175 for a cam swap and maybe different barrels and plungers. injectors i have no clue yet what il run. kinda depends on how many cc's he can get out of the 215. id also like to put in hamilton springs and retainers and pushrods, but its alot of extra cash. turbo i have is a scheid lightning 3.0 clipped to a 2.6. 1.0 ar t4 foot. looking at stainless diesel manifold, and maybe a spool flange from sdx. im prolly forgetting a few things

It'll clear, but yeah when you turn them over they're a bit lopsided.

10-4 I might change it if it gives me trouble. I done got it mounted now and it's kinda a pain to do by myself

Well I'm at work bored so thought I'd post here, what do y'all think about the parts selection and setup I listed above? Thoughts,opinions, experience, good, bad, make fun of me I want hear it all haha

Well little update I took the head to machine shop today. Took it to competition automotive machine In Brandonburg Ky. I was recommended them by several people. They have a really nice shop and seem to be very knowledgable. I'm getting the head cleaned, decked, valve job, oring, and port and polished as much as possible with stock Intake shelf. Gunna cost me in the neighbor hood of a grand to get it all done, which seems like a good price to me. Plus they are somewhat local to me only being about 60 miles from home which means alot to me. Also plan to take my block and rotating assembly to them as well.

Well bolted flywheel and clutch/pressure plate up last night. Then decided to quit working on it and go to rodeo. Might try work on it later today I'd like to get the bell housing and trans in and cross member

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331495460.813115.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331495460.813115.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
Pulled the cam out today, dumb things like working a puzzle but I got it out pretty easy. I was having trouble getting it started so I pushed it back in turned the engine some made it slide right out. Wanting to order a cam but can't decide between a Hamilton 188/220 or 200/220. Any advice?

i would think the 200/220 would be more what you would want for pulling.. more rpm capable..

Yea kinda what I'ma thinking too just trying to decide if I wanted to go that route and have to get fly cut piston.

Back