My 93 street/sled truck project with pics!

not that im aware of unless you did something like steal or whatever.. the difference would be in having he pistons machined.

Stabbing trans are a b*tch. Had quit working on it and go to work. Gunna mess with it again in the morning

Well I've realized why it took me 5 months to get around to putting my trans back in. It's a pain in the ass but we finally got it. Now just just to bolt all other junk back up. Gunna put in new u joints and a heavier carrier bearing while I got it apart. Only thing that sucks is il have to do it all again when I get my other engine built

Well didn't get to put clutch and tranny in this weekend but did go to harbor freight and spend some money. Got me a engine stand.
4336c21c-64a8-dabc.jpg

Wooden blocks there for added insurance in case this dude decides to fold up lol

i have the same HF stand and my engine has been sitting on it long ways for a year now, with the head, and with some twins mocked up for 2 months and it hasnt so much as bent...you are fine.

Well pretty much got the engine tore all way down only thing left to pull out is crank. Found out it's a international block. Brazil rods. Cylinder walls look good. Prolly just hone them.

Well got some money in the bank I'm itching to spend some on some parts. Anyone know who makes a billet front cover that will work with all the stock components? Headstuds are on backyards from the guy I'm getting them from cam is also on backorder, and haven't decided on pistons yet. so I'm going to start ordering other parts I need.

Well haven't updated in awhile not much has changed. I bought my gasket sets. Also bought arp main studs and a CDS 5k gov set. Most of the parts I need are on back order still need take block and bottom end to machine. No word on the head yet.

well the 93 is alive again finally. i drove it tonight. it been so long it takes some getting used too its nothing like my 06 haha. cant wait to get it home need to get it ready to pull. thinking im going to set it up for workstock this season and run it some till i finish my engine build up. hopefully il have some new pics to put up soon

Ok I'm wanting to order me a set of injectors but can't really decide what I want I would like some that I can use in my engine now but also in the one I'm building. Would a 145 spray angle suit me best? How high can I go with the timing before I spray out of the bowl? I'm looking at Sdx maybe a set of 5x18, does any one know the spray angle of the classic injectors?

Well just got off the phone with chris at Sdx got a set of 5x18 145 spray angle, a set of comp dv's and a rack plug on the way.

cant wait to see how she runs.
I got a set of 7x17's to run, also waiting for my S475 to show up monday. 75/83/1.10 a/r T4. still running the VE though. a non i/c 12mm pump none the less lol What kinda charger is that in the pics on the earlier pages. If it was mentioned, i missed it and i apologize.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334966730.597676.jpgThat charger is a Scheid 3.0 clipped to 2.6. 75mm 1.0ar t4 foot. It's gunna go on the engine I'm building. Plan to run a he351cw for workstock on my current engine. I'm anxious to get it together and make a hook. I really like the valair dual disk it puts the power to the ground for sure. Done burnout from a dead stop in 3rd gear bout 3,000 rpm

Haha I agree il try to get one this weekend. I still got to put the exhaust back on it. I'm going in the morning to pick up some new tires for it so il be sure to kill these 315's before I pull em off

Does the rack plug have any benefit on the 215hp pump? Or did you change pumps?

i have a 175 pump that came off the 94 engine that i plan to put the rack plug in. im putting the rack plug comp dv and 5k govs in the 175 pump and putting it on my truck for awhile and plan to send the 215 to get benched.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335128538.112183.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335128574.379495.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335128601.445018.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335128644.042715.jpg
Well me and a buddy went and bout a 12valve out of a school bus from a old feller yesterday got the whole engine for $625. Old man said it had a dropped valve. Well we got it home and after a case of budlight I decided to tear it apart and inspect the damage. Thought y'all might enjoy the carnage photos!

Back