My Parallel Turbo 7.3L

I agree read the part in bold in my signature, but it also pays to listen to other peoples experience young or old.
There is a good reason I never did a parallel setup on a 7.3, I did look into it but as Charles pointed out it simply cannot work to it's full potential in our application over what a good single will do.

Dang David you chimed in right when I got up to leave for lunch.:doh:

I will agree 100% that it pays to listen to all experiances from everyone. But if you can share your experiance without making it sound like you are the only one that knows anything then I would be more likely to listen.

But everything Charles says he makes out to be the only right answer and that is total BS. How many threads has he bashed the hell out of your for stuff you have done and you have held the "Fastest" record for how long? And what nationaly known record does Charles hold??

The fact is David I respect what you have just posted in this thread. It is not bashing or calling anyone dumb. It is your opinion from the research you have apparently done that this setup would not benefit our engines to it's full potential compared to a big single. I respect what you have said because you are not telling me I am an idiot because YOU say it won't work.

Here is where I am at on all of this. I have done alot of reading also and have talked to several people knowledgable on turbos and diesels both that have been doing this stuff longer than most of on this site. So I am taking the info and knowledge I have gathered from these sources and I am doing what I feel will work for my application.

Now it may not work and if it don't then I will know 100% for sure from my own experiance. But if it does then I will also know from my own experiance and I will be the first to prove it.

Like I said before we can all go round and round all day but nothing is proven to fact yet so I am going to be done with this thread until I have proved one way or the other...

BTW, to answer your question Charles. I am 32 and have been turning wrenches and doing this line of work on and off since I was 16.:Cheer:

Dang David you chimed in right when I got up to leave for lunch.:doh:

I will agree 100% that it pays to listen to all experiances from everyone. But if you can share your experiance without making it sound like you are the only one that knows anything then I would be more likely to listen.
You just :eek:wned: yourself! :hehe:
I But everything Charles says he makes out to be the only right answer and that is total BS. How many threads has he bashed the hell out of your for stuff you have done and you have held the "Fastest" record for how long? And what nationaly known record does Charles hold??

The fact is David I respect what you have just posted in this thread. It is not bashing or calling anyone dumb. It is your opinion from the research you have apparently done that this setup would not benefit our engines to it's full potential compared to a big single. I respect what you have said because you are not telling me I am an idiot because YOU say it won't work.

Here is where I am at on all of this. I have done alot of reading also and have talked to several people knowledgable on turbos and diesels both that have been doing this stuff longer than most of on this site. So I am taking the info and knowledge I have gathered from these sources and I am doing what I feel will work for my application.

Now it may not work and if it don't then I will know 100% for sure from my own experiance. But if it does then I will also know from my own experiance and I will be the first to prove it.

Like I said before we can all go round and round all day but nothing is proven to fact yet so I am going to be done with this thread until I have proved one way or the other... Now that is a tall order:hehe:

BTW, to answer your question Charles. I am 32 and have been turning wrenches and doing this line of work on and off since I was 16.:Cheer:
I started turning wrenches when I was 5 and have been reading books since I was 6 and you would loose it if you knew my real age. I have rebuilt more diesel engine, turbos and injection pumps than you ever will and because I'm telling you all this I expect you to believe all the BS I post :umno: Most of us here (including myself) would give your ideas some respect if they actually worked and you gave us videos of a truck that runs better than my step brothers golf cart.

Just you wait people, I happen to have found his schematics for the worlds next revolutionary idea: Direct Exhaust Injection!

DirectExhaustInjectionFail.jpg

Here us weak minded people are given a glimpse into the mind of a genius, a true peak of the world of "out-side the box performance."

stabface.jpg

OEM Parallel single stage turbo engines:

QSK38- 38L 1500HP = 46.875 HP per Liter

QSK60-60L 2700hp = 45HP per Liter

Cat32L 32L-1675hp = 52.3HP per Liter

OEM single stage, single turbo engines:

T444E 7.3L-250hp = 34.9 HP per Liter

ISBe 5.9L-325hp = 55 HP per Liter

So, explain to me again why this is such a brilliant idea?

Do you have any idea how big a single turbo would have to be to feed 32L engine making 2700hp? Even looking at the power per liter says nothing relating to "high performance". Factory literature on Yugo's said high performance too, you gonna bolt on some Yugo parts next?

CTT (Cummins Turbo Technologies) HX82/HX83/HE851
turbo-charging utilizes exhaust energy with greater efficiency
for improved emissions and fuel consumption

G-Drive Integrated Design - Each component has been
specifically developed and rigorously tested for G-Drive
products, ensuring high performance, durability and reliability.

Charles, you always have alot of good theories and explinations so why don't you tell us why these big DIESEL engines use Single Stage Parallel style chargers rather than a Big Single?? You keep telling me I would be alot better off with a big single because it will perform the same with alot less expense and parts to worry about. I guess CAT and Cummins must be as dumb as I am since they could have used a big single and got the same end results for less money.:doh:

You guys can poke fun all day long at how ugly my setup looks but the fact is the FUNCTION comes first and after that is accomplished then I worry about how they look. The hood stack setup you see was never intend for anything other temporary use for testing until we seen how the engine was going to run and I got the new bottom end built and ready to put in. Then I was going to make the setup look nice and clean.

And you all can also say all you want about how they won't work but the fact is none of you have stepped up to plate and tried this yourself. So all the :blahblah1: is not coming from experiance at all and is just coming from a bunch of theories people like Charles throws out there.

And trust me I have contacted and went into depth with a few people that have been making their livings in the perfromance diesel and turbo market longer than most of you have owned a diesel. So I have alot of insight and suggestions from these people that say it will work and from one in particular that knows it will work because he has a parallel turbo diesel truck.

More links to Single Stage Parallel turbo diesels:

YouTube - Detroit Diesel 12 Cylinder Twin Turbo 900 HP
YouTube - Detroit Diesel 16V149TIB 2000Hp DDEC 3
YouTube - Detroit Diesel Twin Turbo 8V92TA
YouTube - V12 Detriot Diesel 525HP
YouTube - Diesel dragster: Duramax engine

I honestly cant begin to fathom how the hell you think this is better. You dont have a head that flows 450+cfm, you dont have a fuel system capable of making ungodly power, and you sure as hell cant turn 6k+. Charles has explained exactly why paralles do not work in the diesel world (yet). All those big ass engines you see with a true "twin" setups cant fit a single of proper sizing in the given space. Ive seen a 600hp V12 cat with a single, it made an HX82 look like a ricer charger. Better yet, look at some old train turbos, they had 16 cylinders at 5.7L EACH, and they had a single turbo. Just guess how big that bastard was. The simplest way I can say this is: you have 2 turbos producing 50lb a min @ 45psi each. That isnt any differant that one turbo making 100lb a min at 45psi. Its not rocket science, its simple Fuging math. You try to back yourself up with videos of old 2 stroke dertroits? Are you right in the head? The best of 1940's technology, 8V92's came in twin and single charger setups, as did the 12v71, and 12V92. The 16V71 and 16V92 had dual and quad sets, they were also just to V8 blocks joined with a plate.

The thing that really kills me with this is you cant even keep your story strait. First you wanted the stacks all crooked because it was different, now they are temporary. You went to the hospital for heart problems, then went to a steak house the next night and your what, 31? Said you've been planning this for a while and just threw it together 2 weeks befor a pull. We wont argue on the "thrown together" part. My best guess is somebody told you that diesels can run parallel
turbo setups "hell, them old detroits did", then it was further reinforced when you seen that banks is running them. Made a few calls to some turbo shops and found somebody to sell you what you wanted. A complete mess was then thrown together in hopes of glory. Really, if you had taken your time, made the damn stacks, straight and level, cut ROUND holes for them (I have a 6' hole saw if you need it), faced the damn things the same way, and just admited you wanted it for the
novelty then nothing would have been said. Cudos would have been given for being different, compliments made on craftsmanship, and overall a good public opinion.

Thats just my opinion, Im 22, my truck is being built the way I want with no other real purpose than to be cool. I admit that. And I WILL look good when done.

i did. and although im not in on that butkissing parade there, you made a post that just gerealized almost 9000 people, that, in turn, frequent the website i own, powerstrokenation.com. im not defending anyone here t there, but a blanket statement such as that was received offensively, and if you didnt mean it that way, cool.

I thought some cool guy owned it, this splains alot... and now your one of the bouncers here?:bang

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

This is epic fail territory now. I truly believe we might actually have someone to dethrone Andrew at this point.

We're there.

actually they are lower mid-sized gen sets, each turbo has its own intercooler mounted in front of the engine.......twin stacks and sound pretty good too......

P8021841.jpg

P8021842.jpg

Yep..... big shocker.

I bet you could drop that right in a 3/4 ton truck no prob. Probably bolt right up.

LOL

I guess I've kinda lost track of what the goal was here.

Did the original poster just want to have 2 small turbos and 2 hood stacks? If so, he got what he wanted.

Is the original poster thinking that some giant secret is going to be unlocked? If so, he's failed. The turbos will work OK but as everyone has stated they'll act somewhat like a big single. The problem with the small wheels is that he'll have a hard time making any more boost than a single would.

The single stage turbos work fine on those gensets and whatnot because they're meant to run low pressure ratio, for 24/7/365. For that you aren't pushing the limits of the envelope like we are.

If we all wanted to run our trucks at 30 psig boost this is all elementary.

OR, if like the Banks truck, you were running a boatload of spray, then they'll work fine, just like a midsized single would under the same conditions.

I guess I'm just really curious about what's going on in this guy's mind....like if he gets it "tuned" it's going to make incredibly more HP than the rest of us? What big breakthrough is he expecting? At one point he said something to the point of "seeing what this is capable of." I think it's capable of no more that 500 rwhp, and I'm being rather generous at that, methinks.

From a technical perspective, this project is as useless as the teats on a boar hog.

Scores a lot of points on the entertainment scale however.

I guess I've kinda lost track of what the goal was here.

Did the original poster just want to have 2 small turbos and 2 hood stacks? If so, he got what he wanted.

Is the original poster thinking that some giant secret is going to be unlocked? If so, he's failed. The turbos will work OK but as everyone has stated they'll act somewhat like a big single. The problem with the small wheels is that he'll have a hard time making any more boost than a single would.

The single stage turbos work fine on those gensets and whatnot because they're meant to run low pressure ratio, for 24/7/365. For that you aren't pushing the limits of the envelope like we are.

If we all wanted to run our trucks at 30 psig boost this is all elementary.

OR, if like the Banks truck, you were running a boatload of spray, then they'll work fine, just like a midsized single would under the same conditions.

I guess I'm just really curious about what's going on in this guy's mind....like if he gets it "tuned" it's going to make incredibly more HP than the rest of us? What big breakthrough is he expecting? At one point he said something to the point of "seeing what this is capable of." I think it's capable of no more that 500 rwhp, and I'm being rather generous at that, methinks.

From a technical perspective, this project is as useless as the teats on a boar hog.

Scores a lot of points on the entertainment scale however.

True, but just to clarify, so that if he breaks 500 we don't have to see post after post proclaiming his domination.....

There are a few 7.3 guys making over 600 wheel on single chargers. Jason (thuglike), Scotty (Strokinstyle) and Brian (Powersmoker) immediately come to mind.

Those guys are consistently low to mid 600's on fuel with single chargers....Brian's actually got one pull on Dunbar's at 680.

So if he plans to blow the lid off of anything, he'd better be planning on making 700+ on fuel.

One more thing..... can somebody tell me where his F'ing intercooler is??? :bang

OEM Parallel single stage turbo engines:

QSK38- 38L 1500HP = 46.875 HP per Liter

QSK60-60L 2700hp = 45HP per Liter

Cat32L 32L-1675hp = 52.3HP per Liter

OEM single stage, single turbo engines:

T444E 7.3L-250hp = 34.9 HP per Liter

ISBe 5.9L-325hp = 55 HP per Liter

So, explain to me again why this is such a brilliant idea?

4BT - 3.9L Cummins - 496hp on the ground after tweaking = 127+ HP per litre
All I'm gonna say is that it would not be streetable and you could not tow a load with the twin turbos in a parallel setup!

Back