N.E. Ohio "Rocktoberfest" Diesel Dyno Day

HIGH TECH RAM said:
Blue 06 dodge

Sorry man, my buddy didn't take video of your truck. I will post my pics and vids in the next day or so when I get a chance.

I've got lots of pictures, and results. Here are the results, and I'll post up pictures as my time here at work permits me!

NAME; H/P; TORQUE; TRUCK

1.) Jim Rose; 433.1; 735.8; Ford
2.) Jesse Shaffer; 383; 697.1; Dodge
3.) Tom Atkinson; 413; 779.7; GMC
4.) Bruce Johnson; 114; 236; Jeep; (least H.P. and TQ winner of $100 courtesy of Discount Power Part)
5.) Tom Silvis; 177; 370.7; Dodge
6.) Josh Manley; 393.7; 739.9; Chevy
7.) Tim Haas; 311; 684.7; Dodge
8.) Dustin Harrison; 442; 896.7; Dodge
9.) Wayne Tidwell; 387; 802; Ford
10.) Chris Abrhamson; 505; 1008; Dodge
11.) Thomas Parker; 542; 1047.5; Dodge (Most H.P. winner of $50 courtesy of Grand Rock Truck Exhaust)
12.) Jason Hoffman; 448.5; 741; Dodge
13.) Larry Musgrave; sponsor; 464.2; 881.8; Dodge (Discount Power Parts Exibition Dyno)
14.) Casey Gildersleve; 480; 1106.2; Dodge (Most TQ, winner of $50 Courtesy of Grand Rock Truck Exhaust)
15.) Mike Cathan; 368; 860; Ford
16.) Rob Valentine; 448.9; 906; Dodge

Thanks again for everyone coming out, and spending the day with us! We'll have more dyno days next year, with a possible winter dyno day, we'll have to see how the wonderful (not :bang) North East winters treat us.....

100_1631.jpg

100_1630.jpg

100_1629.jpg

100_1628.jpg

100_1627.jpg

100_1626.jpg

100_1625.jpg

100_1624.jpg

100_1623.jpg

100_1618.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1615.jpg

100_1614.jpg

100_1613.jpg

100_1609.jpg

100_1608.jpg

100_1607.jpg

100_1606.jpg

Robts said:
Josh I couldnt make it. Did have a babysitter till after 5pm.....Im bummed. Would of loved to lay down some new numbers with the new fuel system and bigger injectors.

Can I buy a shirt anyways...large

Yes you can buy a shirt, anyone can still buy a shirt. I have almost 20 of them left, mostly Large and XL. I have a few mediums, and a couple 3XL's too. Med.-XL are $10ea., and the 3XL are $12ea. You can mail a check made out to: TI Dyno or Twisted Innovation Dyno and Tuning. Mail them to me here at Grand Rock, and I will send you the shirts from here. Mail address for Grand Rock is:

Grand Rock Co.
C/O Josh Stewart
395 Fountain Ave.
Painesville, Ohio 44077

sledpuller21 owner of the gray 07 dodge reg cab... has videos of pretty much every truck from around the jeep up to the mega cab.. but he is out of town working so we will try to get them on to the computer and edited within the next few weeks might not put them all up but should get a few vids up on youtube.. just keep searching "drbdiesel" on youtube

rmc5043 said:
sledpuller21 owner of the gray 07 dodge reg cab... has videos of pretty much every truck from around the jeep up to the mega cab.. but he is out of town working so we will try to get them on to the computer and edited within the next few weeks might not put them all up but should get a few vids up on youtube.. just keep searching "drbdiesel" on youtube
That would be awesome!:rockwoot:

yes it would be but its just a normal cassete camcorder so we have to convert them onto the computer then edit them into indivdual runs so it might take some time when we decide to do it

Thanks for the pics Josh!

I had no idea I was such a skinny-legged boy.....I'll definitely not wear shorts next time around...:hehe:

Not to make excuses, but I simply could not get spooled up to get good numbers.
I hope to get back to TI and try to figure out how to get the Fords loaded correctly.

You're right Jim, for some reason TI Dyno had a hard time with getting the Fords to spool correctly. I know for a fact he's online alot of times talking with different dyno shops trying to figure the best way to do load all the trucks the same.

You know looking at the results.....I'm missing a result for the red Ford pulling truck! :bang :doh: I'll have to get with TI Dyno, so they can get me his information for the results sheet.

What happened? They didn't have trouble getting enough load at the last two events. I know at one time they had 14k lbs dialed in.

Dunno Kevin, I didn't get a chance to talk with Kevin after the dyno day to see what the deal was. I'll ask him the next time I talk with him.

Event T-shirts

Ok, I did a quick inventory of shirts I have left. I have a total of 18 shirts left. Here is the thing they are: 5~Med.; 7~Large, and 9~XL. I spoke with Kevin at TI Dyno, and he is ordering his dyno shop shirts from the same company, and will order the 2XL's or 3XL's as needed. Thing is, he won't be ordering them for about a month. So with that said, Those of you still interested in these shirts please let me know. Either PM me here, or you can email me at joshuas@grandrock.com. Cost of the shirts are the same $10.00 for the med.~ XL, and $12.00 for the 2XL and 3XL's. (plus whatever shipping is)

Thanks!

crzycowboy said:
You know looking at the results.....I'm missing a result for the red Ford pulling truck! :bang :doh: I'll have to get with TI Dyno, so they can get me his information for the results sheet.

Ummm.... You have my results.....but you said I was driving a Dodge...

I think we could have gotten a peak number if we would have treated the dyno like a pulling sled. Take her up to launching rpms hold the brake some to built a little boost and hit her with the load. It wouldn't give you much of a graph but it would have given us peak numbers. Don't know, just something I have been thinking about. If we lighten the load the truck will accelerate, but it still won't load the truck like needed.

Jason Hoffman

HotRodTractor said:
Ummm.... You have my results.....but you said I was driving a Dodge...

I think we could have gotten a peak number if we would have treated the dyno like a pulling sled. Take her up to launching rpms hold the brake some to built a little boost and hit her with the load. It wouldn't give you much of a graph but it would have given us peak numbers. Don't know, just something I have been thinking about. If we lighten the load the truck will accelerate, but it still won't load the truck like needed.

Jason Hoffman

Thanks Jason. Thats a good Idea you have there. I'll mention it to Kevin at the Dyno shop and see what he says and thinks. As for the results sheet, sorry for the typo. I'll have them fix it in their records.

I am gonna do some asking around too, maybe the Allison board at DP. I never got a good run on my 225hp PPE tune, I think we ran it 3 times and 2 of them it downshifted to 3rd. The 3rd time we rolled into it but it took my reading 10mph slower than on my 90hp tune.

I only netted 50 horse going from the 90hp to the 225hp tune :eek:

My second run my turbo had a very hard time spooling but it did light. The resistance was set at 30,000lbs. I dont know what you guys set yours at but that seems to be the magic number for me. Jman I don't know if you have any supporting mods for your electronics but I get more on lower settings of the smarty than higher because the higher numbers drain my rail.
Just a thought. I also know that most big fueling/turbo trucks have a hard time dynoing because of resistance.

Back