NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

If I recall didn't you have a 2.8 turbo for your truck? Weren't you the one who was wanting a 2.6 bushing class?

I ran 2.8 with a PS when there wasn't a 2.6 class. I didn't build this to be a 2.8 truck. You nor anyone else can prove to me there is any difference in the performance of a NADM legal 2.6 turbo and one with a bushing. Oh yes, the only difference is money in someone elses pocket.

I don't see how you can ask the 2.8 guys to spend $10,000 on their trucks to be competitive in the 3.0 class, when you won't spend it to be competitive in the 2.6.
You should have tried to keep the 2.8 and not **** up 2.6.

I ran 2.8 with a PS when there wasn't a 2.6 class. I didn't build this to be a 2.8 truck. You nor anyone else can prove to me there is any difference in the performance of a NADM legal 2.6 turbo and one with a bushing. Oh yes, the only difference is money in someone elses pocket.

You should have tried to keep the 2.8 and not **** up 2.6.

I didn't say there was a difference between a NADM or a 2.6 bushing turbo. I was recalling recently that you were wanting a 2.6 bushing class.

For 2.6 being messed up, there are sure a lot of trucks in it.

I didn't build this to be a 2.8 truck.

What did you build it for? It has an adjustable pump gear, ported head, s400 turbo, does it have an aftermarket cam? Does it have a double disk clutch?

you know what sucks, my truck wouldnt even be a top 2.6 truck so i made the decision to go 2.8 soley to get away from the **** involved with 2.6. I knew right away i had no chance of winning anything but now im forced back into the 2.6 class. now there is going to be 150 trucks in the 2.6 class at scheids. People will really be *****en about draw numbers and track conditions now. Not to mention you know they will still run two tracks to move the trucks through. Does that mean they will take the top 13 from the bottom and top 13 from the top for the finals. Will they make the finals a 52 truck pulloff to keep the same number of trucks total like years before? Im all for unifying rules i just dont agree with they way they went.

you know what sucks, my truck wouldnt even be a top 2.6 truck so i made the decision to go 2.8 soley to get away from the **** involved with 2.6. I knew right away i had no chance of winning anything but now im forced back into the 2.6 class. now there is going to be 150 trucks in the 2.6 class at scheids.?

Did Scheids announce they are dropping 2.8?

If they are, I would suggest a, "Consolation Round" for 2.6.
You could call it real 2.6 trucks and Pro 2.6, lol.

What did you build it for? It has an adjustable pump gear, ported head, s400 turbo, does it have an aftermarket cam? Does it have a double disk clutch?

Yes it has all the above. Do you want me to drive it out and take you for a ride. I can do that, can you?

Yes it has all the above. Do you want me to drive it out and take you for a ride. I can do that, can you?

You don't think mine will make it? :lolly:I have no doubt that mine would make it other than a few ujoint shields coming loose.

Aren't most removing the "street class" terminology from the 2.6?

I got beat several times by a truck that is more streetable than yours.

I still fail to see what you suggest folks do.

Last edited:
Dan don't be afraid to drive yours you won't hurt that 16mm p7100 I built for you.

Last edited:
It's too late to change what's been done to 2.6. Why should street be dropped from the class? Because the 2.8 guys have taken over. You don't want to spend $10k to run 3.0 and I'm not spending another $10k to run 2.6. I tried to tell you guys the new turbo rule was a joke. If you guys want to give more of your money to turbo vendors have at it. You could still have 2.8.

It's too late to change what's been done to 2.6. Why should street be dropped from the class? Because the 2.8 guys have taken over. You don't want to spend $10k to run 3.0 and I'm not spending another $10k to run 2.6. I tried to tell you guys the new turbo rule was a joke. If you guys want to give more of your money to turbo vendors have at it. You could still have 2.8.

Who said you have to give more money to turbo vendors?
This whole thing is getting entertaining, a true 2.6 charger is good for 800HP that is more than alot of the factory drivelines will handle, on a good track day in and day out. What is your solution for that? Call it a 2.6 class and only let people run 2.4 turbos?:lolly:

Last edited:
no more 2.8 at scheids or ts.

This is not 100% confirmed yet. It was told to me over the phone as a good possibility but i am awaiting actual confirmation. We are trying to get a local org 2.8 class going and this is how i came across this piece of info. i was told we might want to wait until an official statement was put out IF thats the way it goes. We have our local IPA meeting Dec 4 so i hope to have confirmation by then.

Last edited:
This is not 100% confirmed yet. It was told to me over the phone as a good possibility but i am awaiting actual confirmation. We are trying to get a local org 2.8 class going and this is how i came across this piece of info. i was told we might want to wait until an official statement was put out.

I can't see the 2.8 still being there, like you said nothing official. At TS it was the haisley 2.8 class. With the Indiana dropping the 2.8 class, I just don't see it happening, but they may do their own thing anyway.

I can't see the 2.8 still being there, like you said nothing official. At TS it was the haisley 2.8 class. With the Indiana dropping the 2.8 class, I just don't see it happening, but they may do their own thing anyway.

Thats where i am coming from too. By the time you cut out, haisley, daves diesel, danville and fleeece 2.8 trucks, there wont be hardly any left. I think there was like 46 trucks total in the 2.8 at scheids. How many of those were indiana trucks? I bet atleast 20 were indiana. 6 were 2.6 trucks that didnt meet the turbo rules. A couple were booted from 2.6 for fuel cells so that just dont leave enough for a class at a national event anyway.

Dam I Must be at a huge disadvantage running a vp pump in 2.6. That's IT! no more P-pumps or cp3's in 2.6. This is a street class*bdh*LOL.

I dont care what happens in 2.6. I'll be competing and having fun. Dont care if there newbie Brush pullers or ex 2.8/3.0 trucks. I could give 2 chits. I was an underdog last season but I had a blast! I'm doing as much to my 2.6 truck as budget allows to keep up next year.

HIGH TECH RAM;1289329 I dont care what happens in 2.6. I'll be competing and having fun. Dont care if there newbie Brush pullers or ex 2.8/3.0 trucks. I could give 2 chits. I was an underdog last season but I had a blast! I'm doing as much to my 2.6 truck as budget allows to keep up next year.[/QUOTE said:
Everybody look!!! Its a sportsman in the 2.6 class!! rare indeed!!!
Be glad to have you High tech!

I'll come pull with you guys Gene. Just depends on our points pulls this year. Are you guys trying to have one in Indiana this year?

Back