NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

As far as turbos, all three will be legal with NADM the way our rules are. We'll watch and see.

Ditch the hood stacks, would have helped.

I suspect at least one of those three groups will change the turbo rule AGAIN next year.

Why would a guy with a truck setup to run the new bob, itpa, cotpc rules, want to come and pull with NADM trucks knowing that he'll get his ass handed to him? You sure as hell wont see any of my group at a NADM event.

Good for you!!!

A couple reasons, good payouts, highly publicized Diesel truck only events, a chance to get in front of national sponsors, a change of pace and scenery from your local brush hook every night, different competition, a series with about 6 hooks for a championship instead of 40 with 2 make up pulls and considering the guys that will run with us are waxing you anyway at home with any turbo, whats the difference?

Good for you!!!

A couple reasons, good payouts, highly publicized Diesel truck only events, a chance to get in front of national sponsors, a change of pace and scenery from your local brush hook every night, different competition, a series with about 6 hooks for a championship instead of 40 with 2 make up pulls and considering the guys that will run with us are waxing you anyway at home with any turbo, whats the difference?

So itpa bob and cotpc are brush pulls now? Trucks in these classes wont have "any turbo". If you look at it that way the nadm is more like a brush pull, when you have huge chargers with 2.6 covers.

I totally understand if you are afraid of running with trucks you don't know and they might beat you.
We'd like to have at least one event in Indy this year, maybe you could try drag racing if pulling is too much competition for you?

I think you are missing my point. Im not scared of competition. getting beat doesnt bother me. I dont pull expecting to win or even place top 10, but I dont much care for trucks putting 50ft on me either.
Having classes is meant to keep trucks somewhat in the same performance range. A 2.6 class that has 1000hp trucks in it isnt doing that. Over the past couple of years i've heard a lot of talk about getting one set of rules used by all the different organizations to level everything out. With BOB, ITPA, COTPC, and smaller groups like MWP that im involved in, adopting the same rules for 2011 it is a great opportunity to unite a large group of the country. At least they are trying to get the get the 2.6 class back to where it should be.
But what do I know, im just a guy pulling a duramax with a big Danville sticker in the back window, which probably made you not like me from the start of this conversation.

And... you'd be the first guy to bump up a class and place top 3, no doubt.

Let me guess, your truck is the 911 dyno chart?

Do not even try to preach to me about unifying rules, there, Junior. Been at it 10 years, nationwide, not just my own backyard. I am also not an advocate of changing rules on a whim, to sell more turbos, or favor the local hero.

As far as Danville goes I have nothing but respect for them, always glad to see them at pulls, not sure why you would think anything but.

However, if Mark wants to keep using our threads as an advertising campaign, he could sponsor a class or at least come to some more pulls!!:hehe:

Actually Gene it is 825hp at 4000rpms and it is a load dyno. This was making a peak of 52psi and dropped to 42psi at 4000rpms were it pegs the 60psi on the pulling track. It probably makes more power than this under full load of the sled. If you don't think it is what we say it is, come pull agianst it yourself and find out the hard way. I really think you need to get out more becuase you would not be talking like this, oh wait I keep forgetting who you are. Carry on Gene...

Mark you get awfully defensive, you posted the chart, I'm asking questions. If you dont like to answer questions, don't be bragging.

Dyno Jest are historically famous for giving high HP low tq numbers on Diesels, just wondering what you've done to increase the accuracy of its shortcomings.

Now, that said you also said this:

"....NADM legal turbo(not even my biggest one out there) and it dynoed 911RWHP 1539ftlbs!
It only dynoed 785rwhp 13xxftlbs on a true 66mm turbo.
It will most like be 850ish range on our new turbo rules...."

So with YOUR new turbo rules in place you shaved 61 WHOLE HP off the old turbo rules.

61!!!!!!61

You will not see 61 HP on the track, boys. NADM said the protrusion rule would be lucky to shave 75 hp. Looks like we were right. But I need to get out more.

I would bet Danville Performance will find the 61 HP the new rule lost by 2012, dont you agree Mark?Or sooner..

I'm not changing rules for 61 HP.

When you are serious about cutting the class back, and not just selling another turbo, let me know.

I'm not changing rules for 61 HP.

When you are serious about cutting the class back, and not just selling another turbo, let me know.

I said it wouldn't make a difference and they were only trying to sell turbos. Looks like enough proof to me. I think there needs to be a change, not put in someones pocket. Right now to keep last years rules is the right answer.

Was it 61HP off of one of the top running trucks, or 61HP off of a good running truck. What turbo was being ran before?

WTF makes the difference, 61 from 1k isn't where it needs to be.

Lets say that some of the current top trucks are 1050+ with the perfect charger. The new rules bring them down 125+. Same idea as the restrictor, it will bring the top trucks down more than the lower end trucks.

If 3.0 is 1200-1400 HP
What class should be directly under that class? A 650-700HP class? That is too big of a jump in my opinion.
If you can limit the 2.6 class to under 1000HP that is a reasonable jump versus asking someone to double the HP if they want to go to a 3.0 class. I do agree that there should be a class under the current 2.6 class. What class should that be? How about a 2.5" restrictor class?

Last edited:
What class should be directly under that class? A 650-700HP class? That is too big of a jump in my opinion.

Are you serious? You guys had a 2.8 class and dropped down like a bunch of pussies to pick on the 2.6 trucks. Take your 1k hp truck and put a 3.0 charger on it and pull the class you should be in.

Are you serious? You guys had a 2.8 class and dropped down like a bunch of pussies to pick on the 2.6 trucks. Take your 1k hp truck and put a 3.0 charger on it and pull the class you should be in.

LOL, really? Maybe alot of those folks didn't want to go to a big rearend, profabs, etc. Maybe they didn't want to spend another $10K to get that 300HP? Why doesn't everybody else spend $10K so they can have 1000HP 2.6 trucks? I mean that is what you expect the 2.8 trucks to do is spend money to go up isn't it?

You had a 2.8 class that you and everyone else in the class abandoned so you could beat up on 2.6 trucks. It's not my fault you guys lost your class. I want mine back.

You had a 2.8 class that you and everyone else in the class abandoned so you could beat up on 2.6 trucks. It's not my fault you guys lost your class. I want mine back.

Who abandoned the class? I hooked 2.8 all year except 2 events. I put a 2.6 charger on, I traveled to some places and wanted to be able to hook in multiple classes. I think the guys your referring to abandoning the class had 2.8 trucks that were 3 or 4 years old. They didn't want to put the money out to be competitive, so they dropped a class. Isn't that what happens in all of the classes, look at alot of the trucks in the 3.0 class now. They were former mod/superstock trucks right?

If I recall didn't you have a 2.8 turbo for your truck? Weren't you the one who was wanting a 2.6 bushing class?

I don't see how you can ask the 2.8 guys to spend $10,000 on their trucks to be competitive in the 3.0 class, when you won't spend it to be competitive in the 2.6.

Last edited:
Back