Need Blow off or Pop off valve info

You are wrong again..
Excess pressure in the intake tract that the engine can't swallow, tries to turn turbo backwards and escape through turbo inlet...

I am a bit unfamiliar with blow off valves and or pop off valves. I called a local speed shop that has blow off valves but the only ones that they had were vacuum controlled. I need a device to protect from barking the turbo (this would be the purpose of a BOV) and/or over boost conditions (This is the purpose of a wastegate). I would appreciate any direction anyone can give me.

Two different problems require two different solutions.

Really, if you're not putting out extreme amounts of boost, I don't see the necessity in a BOV. I think it would still be beneficial, but your money could be more useful somewhere else.

Two different problems require two different solutions.

Really, if you're not putting out extreme amounts of boost, I don't see the necessity in a BOV. I think it would still be beneficial, but your money could be more useful somewhere else.

Yea I have pretty much come to the same conclusion.

Let me see this.

Engine making excess boost so we build a relief to let it out.

Why not, wastegate the exhaust to regulate the boost level???
What happens when the BOV vents, to turbo shaft rpm?
May go to wild numbers!!!

No the turbo will not speed up when the BOV dumps the pressure in the intake track. the drive pressure has already dropped so the turbo will still spool down. It can't speed up without any thing to drive it. It may slow down faster without the BOV due to the air that the engine didn't swallow slamming back into the compressor. But it will last a lot longer if it can freewheel down. Surge or Barking is really hard on turbos. I lost one on a car once due to a BOV line that came off.

Back