Need your opinions on alh mods

I'm 6'2" 250 and I'm comfortable in mine. 34" inseam. I do have the seat leaned slightly back, but not like a homie wagon

Im 6'2 at 250 and i fit comfortability. The pedals are too tight together but i will adapt. Literally with my work boots on i might have a half inch worth of clearance to the brake pedal

You should see my dakota then LOL

Stock headlights with 302k on them that have been buffed 30 or so times with hids. Some days I get a high beam check but then it's like hmmmmm. High beam click and instantly they are low beam again lol. I just adjust them a little lower to correct that issue. Hell, lights are only 90 a set. Once trashed I will get another set. I'm pretty decent with a buffer on plastic.

This truck will have 303k on it this weekend. I love it. 5 speed and gets 21 on the highway. Just time to get better.

0D46809F-4D84-4E46-B810-65DE301CE29F-2034-000004F17BFAEB7F.jpg

And now you know the reason I'm about to install LED lights on mine, bright check me and the sun will shine. I've been run off the road by folks with HID's because I can't see.

On the trip from Louisville ky to canton oh I managed 49.8 mpg hand calculated. I'm impressed!! 27 bucks in fuel for a 332 mile trip :D

Well, ordered so far

Headlights
Taillights
Marker lights
Grille
Radio install tools
Key fob batteries
Trunk spoiler lip piece - like a half inch tall just to break up the flat back
New driver mirror

Ordering isspro factory matched gauges tonight and potentially wheels too.

Getting title done Friday then heading to the body shop to get a quote. Hopefully it will get fixed next week and I will throw on everything :D

AFE stage 1 Pro Dry S system just ordered.

I think I'm just going to do a cat back system. Is there any reason I should do turbo back? I'm looking for mileage.

i have an 02 and love it 37 mpg in town and about the same as yours on the interstate, met a nice deer on the way home last night so had to get the dodge out today. My wife bought a new one in 2010 and it gets about 2 mpg better than mine.

Nice!!!

Well update

Painting I ended up deciding to fix it all once since I'm keeping the car for a long time. Price is right so it's going for paint on the 19th. Next Friday I'm getting the windows tinted 20% also. The car is finally in my name and all paperwork is done. Wheels were just ordered too.

For the exhaust I'm just doing cat back 2.5in. I'm going to do it myself with a dual 3in tip. Not dead set on tip but right now I like that option. Only thing left to do is programmer. I'm holding off for a month or so just to make sure all bugs are worked out and it drives fine. Get looks done first then add a clutch and programmer later to achieve better mileage. Goal is 60+

You dont need the cat, delete it!

I bought mine 02/12 with 148k on it and am now sitting at 184k. The only thing its needed outside of napa gold filters and lurbro moly was a shot AC compressor, at least thats what they told me. It took me all of 1.5 hrs to pull it apart and replace the bad RCV @ under $100 with gaskets and new dryer.

Darn good little car, I have been averaging 44-47mpg mostly highway with B100. But just yesterday I was looking at things with my new ebay-nese vagcom cable and found that my timing was at 21* instead of 50-80 as specified :doh: I rotated the pump and am up to 66. It runs much better now, more Cajones. I hope my MPG goes up.

Only mod so far is Muffler-ectomy.

Also, if you put an aftermarket radio in there, make sure the K-line isn't looped back into the harness or it'll short out your vagcom cable. Here:
Ross-Tech: VCDS: Afterrmarket Radio Problem

Wow that's crazy. Guess I will remove that pin from the wiring harness so I don't trash a diagnostic tool.

ISSPRO gauges were ordered. Going factory matched and now looking at mounting options. I purchased a 1600 colored pyro, 30 psi boost, and 100 psi oil pressure. I did get the EV2 line so all gauges are electrical. Michael is the man on that! Very impressed with everything this far.

Now for mounting the gauges. A pillar mounts are out. I just don't like them. There is a cubby above the single din radio that I'm curious to if 3 gauges will fit in there. A one done this? I will even pull the cup holder if I have to.

Two best north American tuners are Malone and TDTuning.

Always buy quality parts from honest reputable distributors.

Good thread!!!

I just finally got my 02 Golf 5sp Limp mode issues figured out so nows time to play a bit...

ALH TDI problems - Page 2 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I want a tune but not interested in changing exhaust and needing gauges.

Don't want to send of the ecm either... So these ^ you mention have a programmer for OBD port like our trucks?? Just pay for each tune??

I just want something fun but safe for the stock turbo, internals, exhaust, etc.
I don't need to Swole this thing too!!

Oh and for thise worried about size, I'm 6'2" 250 ish and I have plenty O room in this Golf!! My seats not even all the way back...

Oh!! Billysgoat....

Now that I've got my CEL and issues fixed, what do I need to look into that you were going to adjust with VAG when we did my EGR / Timing belt , etc???

Should I find someone around here to check the timing??

Yes you can buy a loader from either Malone or TDTuning, You read the original file form the ECU, send it to whichever you picked, they tune it - actual mapping, not a "programmer" like what you guys usually see on trucks, and they send you the file to be loaded. You don't need gauges but I like them, or at least do some logging.

You don't need to do exhaust either for basic tunes.

Depending on where you are in GA, contact these guys for a tune, you could drive up, get tuned and be off on your way. Malone Tuning, by AARodriguez - AARodriguez Corp.

You need VCDS to check the static timing.

Yes you can buy a loader from either Malone or TDTuning, You read the original file form the ECU, send it to whichever you picked, they tune it - actual mapping, not a "programmer" like what you guys usually see on trucks, and they send you the file to be loaded. You don't need gauges but I like them, or at least do some logging.

You don't need to do exhaust either for basic tunes.

Depending on where you are in GA, contact these guys for a tune, you could drive up, get tuned and be off on your way. Malone Tuning, by AARodriguez - AARodriguez Corp.

You need VCDS to check the static timing.

Good deal!! Thank you Sir!!

Static timing, like he said, just checking to see if the pump gear needs to rotate one way or another.

I need to find someone with VAG here in my area....

If you're a member of any TDI forums, can you put the word out I'm in need of someone to check it?? If they reply, give them my number...

Anywhere in Metro ATL....

Thanks

I need to find someone with VAG here in my area....

If you're a member of any TDI forums, can you put the word out I'm in need of someone to check it?? If they reply, give them my number...

Anywhere in Metro ATL....

Thanks

VAG or a high end snap on product. I use my Solus Pro to do VAG work, just go to expert mode and type the data block #

Will

Back