NHRDA West Coast Regional Championship October 3rd 2009

I'll let you know Jason. It looks like I better just get a cage this winter, so i can make two all out passes at one track.:hehe:

Anyone considering going to SEMA? Don't they hold a race during that event?

Dmitri and I went down there and raced last year. I'm pretty sure it was during sema. It was just a midnight madness event though.

Well another West Coast season done, it was great to see everyone that made it to Firebird. Unfortunately the weather didn't help us a bit, though the track crew jumped right on it and was trying to get a good surface to race on, about the time it started to dry up the rain just started dumping again. I hope everyone made it home safe and look forward to seeing you all next season. Maybe next year I can make it out to some East Coast races... :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Side note, bummer about Ernie, a lot of diesel history there. Tmoney glad your ok, thank god for safety equipment. :clap:

Damn, broke my streak about not getting rained on in Boise! We still had a great time. BTW - for those who came to me for the D/A reading - my barometer was in need of calibration. During the first rain break I got online and found a couple of close-by official weather stations to calibrate to. The 2nd (final) run of qualifying was at 732.9' Density Altitude!!!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Damn, broke my streak about not getting rained on in Boise! We still had a great time. BTW - for those who came to me for the D/A reading - my barometer was in need of calibration. During the first rain break I got online and found a couple of close-by official weather stations to calibrate to. The 2nd (final) run of qualifying was at 732.9' Density Altitude!!!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

That sounds more like it, I was having a difficult time with the 4500' number. The event was fun, wished we could have finished it.

Thank You NHRDA

I want to give out a big thank you and well done to Randy, Pat and the rest of the NHRDA crew for putting on a great season of Diesel Drag Racing. The economy hurt our sport this year for sure, but the plans for next year sounds very good. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to next year. We'll be at the first event in Phoenix for sure.:thankyou2::clap:

A huge thanks form the CT crew as well. Great show NHRDA keep up the great work... its too bad we got the rain, but it is what it is. The matchup that everyone at the races and on here was waiting for never got to happen which was really to bad we were waiting to line up against max'd out, but it will have to wait for another time.

Great seeing all of you guys we had a blast.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

So YOUR the one who jinxed us!

First thing in the morning, I heard over the PA that calculated elevation was 300 feet BELOW sea level! I think I believe it, as I clicked off a mid 15 pass even with a low boost launch.

However that headwind towards the last round was killing me! Lost 5 mph at the top end. First half of the pass was dead on to my other time slips.

Great event guy's, we will be back next year for sure! Had a Loooooong trip home. We hit snow in Idaho, Oregon, Nevada and California!

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 24
  • snow 2.jpg
    snow 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 20
It was a great show, we got to run some 9.6s on a cold track. A little slipping and sliding going on. It was realy cool watching Rob do 4wheel burnies down the track.
There was some great racing going on. The tuff part is who to cheer for.
Mark V. and Malcom had great race.

Just a bit slick, passing the 60' cone.

Last edited:
Ya it was a cold day but it was nice to Aaron from CT helping out the homeless :hehe:

IMG_7498.jpg

Heck, I thought it was "Indiana Ben" and the guy with the zebra hat was his comic relief sidekick...

Back