NHRDA West Coast Regional Championship October 3rd 2009

I talked to the track today and they said dont worry about any weather reports , the track only gets 11 inches or rain per year and they said it can be raining in Boise and it will be Sunshine and beautiful at the track. They also just bought a jet dryer and can dry the track in under 30 minutes.

Well it is official:rockwoot:

Wide Open Performance will be at Boise to do exhibition runs with the Dragster.

See ya all there, got my ride done, spray bomb paint and all. Leaving tomorrow.

Malcolm

Great Malcolm, I want to see that thing really run hard.

Shouldnt be hard just follow his tailgate down the track:stab:

Just kidding looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and especially the awards banquet on Saturday night:woohoo:

Well we are out of here in 10 hours, see you all at the track. Malcom that's awesome you got the truck ready, Hoss lets see what the Rocket can really do :rockwoot:

That's great news about Malcolm and Zane/WOP! I'm planning to head out of town as soon as my kid gets out of school. Will probably even pick her up in the truck/camper from school. Does anyone know how late we can arrive and still camp at the track? If all else fails we'll camp outside the gates Fri night.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It's gonna be cool. It froze here last night. High is suppose to be 62 on Saturday.

The forecast was for possible snow on Sunday! Gotta be sure to pack the tire chains (my truck is 2WD).

Just talked to Scott New at the track - they are planning to have people park on the entrance road Fri night if they are camping, and move them into the pit area on Sat morning. The entrance road is nice and level with plenty of room, so that should be fine. It also won't matter how late you get there if you want to camp!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Some of the SoCal guys will be here in Vegas shortly.. We'll be on the road within the hour.. See you guys tomorrow night!! :rockwoot:

Some of the SoCal guys will be here in Vegas shortly.. We'll be on the road within the hour.. See you guys tomorrow night!! :rockwoot:

We might be right behind each other on the way. Im still waiting on my pops FORD:stab: to get here, to tow my truck up. My cell is 209-509-9704 if anybody needs anything.

Here is address to track for GPS

Firebird Raceway
8551 Hwy 16
Eagle, ID 83616

Track also said they will have gates open at 8am to get everyone in and teched.

I talked to the track today and they said dont worry about any weather reports , the track only gets 11 inches or rain per year and they said it can be raining in Boise and it will be Sunshine and beautiful at the track. They also just bought a jet dryer and can dry the track in under 30 minutes.

Thats what I wanted to hear. I have been watching the weather all week.

BTW, as you approach the track, with about a mile to go, look to your left. In the middle of friggin' nowhere, but within a mile of the dragstrip, someone has built a luxury subdivision. I'm sure it won't be long (if they haven't already) before they are complaining about the noise.

Thats what I wanted to hear. I have been watching the weather all week.
Over the years I have raced a BUNCH of times at Firebird, and I think it's the only track in the region where I've never been rained on!

Back