NX Duramax Dragster Build Thread.

Hey guys!

Just thought I would share what the Mail brought us today!!

DSCN7121.JPG

This is our NEW XS Power L3400 series Lithium Battery!!

Here is a portion of a conversation that we had with John Brady (XS Batteries):

"I just wanted to follow up our phone conversation with an e-mail.

As I said in our conversation this is the first one of the L3400 I have built and let me just tell you this thing is EXTREMELY impressive! On our battery machine I have a program called Pro Mod Sim. What that does is simulate a PM car from Start up to return road. This L3400 passed that test with flying colors. In the High amp load portions of the test it maintained a higher voltage than some of my competitors 16 VOLT batteries! I think you guys will be extremely pleased with this unit. I GUARANTEE it will spin the engine faster than anything you have ever used before! The only caveat is the weight. It is a little more portly than what I expected. It is a massive 16lbs and 7oz! LOL.....

I am excited to be part of the NX Dragster project on a personal level as well as a professional level. I look forward to hearing what you guys think of the battery.

Thank You,
John Brady
New Product Development/ Engineering
XS Power Batteries
www.4xspower.com"

It was so hard to believe that we had to see for ourselves!!

DSCN7118.JPG

Now thats a great product and service!!
----- Original Message

One more box of goodies came in for the Dragster from our good friends at K&N intake systems!

DSCN7122.JPG

DSCN7123.JPG

FILTERS!!!

Please don't take offense, but real concrete-track race vehicles do not run air filters.

Are you planning on entering a few Sand Drag competitions? They make nice vulcanized paddle - slicks for dragsters....

Please don't take offense, but real concrete-track race vehicles do not run air filters.

Are you planning on entering a few Sand Drag competitions? They make nice vulcanized paddle - slicks for dragsters....

Damn, I guess DirtyMax isn't a real race vehicle then... It did lose the air filter at the last race of the season (with the atmospheric charger moved into the scoop), so maybe it counts as a real race vehicle ;)

Damn, I guess DirtyMax isn't a real race vehicle then... It did lose the air filter at the last race of the season (with the atmospheric charger moved into the scoop), so maybe it counts as a real race vehicle ;)

You guys and your high $$$ motors!

I guess if I had a bunch of money tied up in my motor, I'd probably run a filter as well.

Hey guys!

Just thought I would share what the Mail brought us today!!

DSCN7121.JPG

This is our NEW XS Power L3400 series Lithium Battery!!

Here is a portion of a conversation that we had with John Brady (XS Batteries):

"I just wanted to follow up our phone conversation with an e-mail.

As I said in our conversation this is the first one of the L3400 I have built and let me just tell you this thing is EXTREMELY impressive! On our battery machine I have a program called Pro Mod Sim. What that does is simulate a PM car from Start up to return road. This L3400 passed that test with flying colors. In the High amp load portions of the test it maintained a higher voltage than some of my competitors 16 VOLT batteries! I think you guys will be extremely pleased with this unit. I GUARANTEE it will spin the engine faster than anything you have ever used before! The only caveat is the weight. It is a little more portly than what I expected. It is a massive 16lbs and 7oz! LOL.....

I am excited to be part of the NX Dragster project on a personal level as well as a professional level. I look forward to hearing what you guys think of the battery.

Thank You,
John Brady
New Product Development/ Engineering
XS Power Batteries
www.4xspower.com"

It was so hard to believe that we had to see for ourselves!!

DSCN7118.JPG

Now thats a great product and service!!
----- Original Message

thats pretty cool

Reactor Products has supplied our NX Dragster with this TRICKED out custom made Aluminum flywheel that is super lightweight and is SFI Approved!

reactor2.JPG

reactor1.JPG

The Guys at REACTOR products make a phenomenal product and we want to thank them for their help in designing one to work for our application!!

If you need one of these trick flywheels I might know where you can get one!! *hint hint*

*nx*

wow that is beutiful

You guys and your high $$$ motors!

I guess if I had a bunch of money tied up in my motor, I'd probably run a filter as well.

Actually we tested on track with and without the filter and found a slight improvement with the filter, my theory is that it helps minimize turbulence as it enters the atmospheric charger. I found a similar effect on both my naturally aspirated gasser race cars.

Actually we tested on track with and without the filter and found a slight improvement with the filter, my theory is that it helps minimize turbulence as it enters the atmospheric charger. I found a similar effect on both my naturally aspirated gasser race cars.

My old riviera with cowl air was the same way..over 50 mph it wouldn't run worth a crap, put the air filter back in and it ran like it was supposed to.

You guys have got me thinking now, I'm going to have to perform a few back to back tests with and without filter to see how it runs. My bottom turbo does have 5.5-6" rubber 45* with 13.5" of 6" pipe so it might have plenty of intake tube to reduce turbulence without a filter.

Testing is free.

As for the NX dragster, I assume the filters will mount directly to the turbos so maybe the K&N filters will add horsepower??

We called up our friends at ATI for our balancer and they supplied us with this monster!

ati1.JPG

ati2.JPG

Special thanks to ATI for this record breaking build!!!

Why not a Fluidampr? They seem to support our sport quite a bit. Can't wait to see this bad boy up and going!!

Reactor Products has supplied our NX Dragster with this TRICKED out custom made Aluminum flywheel that is super lightweight and is SFI Approved!

reactor2.JPG

reactor1.JPG

The Guys at REACTOR products make a phenomenal product and we want to thank them for their help in designing one to work for our application!!

If you need one of these trick flywheels I might know where you can get one!! *hint hint*

*nx*

Did you notice the "R" in PRODUCTS in the engravement is a "P" Don't know why I noticed that.

Haha... Actually we are running the filters at the Texas Mile Event in March.
Better to be safe than sorry!!

You guys have got me thinking now, I'm going to have to perform a few back to back tests with and without filter to see how it runs. My bottom turbo does have 5.5-6" rubber 45* with 13.5" of 6" pipe so it might have plenty of intake tube to reduce turbulence without a filter.

Testing is free.

As for the NX dragster, I assume the filters will mount directly to the turbos so maybe the K&N filters will add horsepower??

It would be nice to see a back to back comparison as mentioned!! You never know what you might discover!

Did you notice the "R" in PRODUCTS in the engravement is a "P" Don't know why I noticed that.

Wow!! I never noticed that! Thats insane.
*nx*

Thanks again for all the support on this project guys, we appreciate it!

Clay @NX

Just a little more progress...

Got a few updated pictures last night of some progress being made as well as nice package from our friends at Spin Werks Racing!

photo25.JPG

photo24.JPG

photo23.JPG

photo26.JPG

These wheels are going to look SICK on our new ride!
DSCN7157.jpg

DSCN7155.jpg

DSCN7158.jpg

*nx*

Is the left hand side charger really going to face backwards? Are you guys going to rig up some type of scoop for it, or just let it breathe "naturally"? LOL, it messes with my sense of symmetry!

Back