OK OK I have a question for everyone including my dyno haters:)

So this is a stock suspension 4x4 cab n chassis truck with the addition of an 8' bed correct? Usually the cab and chassis trucks have enough leafs in the rear to hold up to a big payload, and yet the stock suspension is good enough to plant well over 1000hp to the ground and run low 10's high 9's??? That is bad ass for sure! Are there any leafs out of the rear? Another question: On my 2004 1 ton dodge axles I can't fit a 16" wheel over the rotor, and the rotors on your cab and chassis axles are listed as the same size as mine, but the video I saw shows a 16" wheeled slick, what modifications were done to make that work?

Yes stock suspension buddy.. We have in way altered suspension or frame, other than cutting the end of the frame back to fit the 8 foot bed, with the addition of a heavy ass custom built hitch for sled pulling, hiding behind the role pan .. Its a pig to plant that power, took me all day to try and figure out a launch but still fell short against maxed out.. That truck will not launch. I believe cause its so dam stiff.. If it gets to ship rocking it will continue all the way down the track.. Thanks for the kind words.. No mods to the axle. 16 rims will fit.. I should have got specific i guess lol I forgot to add too at DPC truck weighed 8160 with a full tank, last night was almost empty from the road trip weighing 8060, that might have been my difference as i thought the scales were off..

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity I weighed my 03 6spd quaud cab short box today, all it has is a fith wheel hitch and a few tools I carry. It weighed 3723kg which works out to 8210lbs

Just out of curiosity I weighed my 03 6spd quaud cab short box today, all it has is a fith wheel hitch and a few tools I carry. It weighed 3723kg which works out to 8210lbs

My 04 qcsb scaled at 7430 with me in it. Thats with a 1/2 tank of fuel and a bunch of crap in the cab.

My old megacab dually with 3/4 tank of fuel and maybe 100lbs of tools in the back weighed in at 8300 last year, i'll have to weigh the new truck but these things weigh more than you might think

I have a good go pro side view of the run that I'll try to get loaded tomorrow. Shows a lot of detail.

A vid of the first dyno run posting 13xxhp

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jfplH_bVVw&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jfplH_bVVw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

LMAO!!!!

Holy Crap D.... You might as well have been trying to launch that thing down a set of Whooptiedoo's on a Supercross track!! LOL

That thing was bouncing like crazy!! How did you Not break a tranny shaft or something...lol

So im confused. Is the truck in the vid suppose to be this 2 ton dually?

it is a dually. thats how it went to DPC. i know its a cab and chassis truck as i have looked under it. i still think sparkles should give me a mouth hug.

So when did GM make a 2 ton cab and chassis with a pick up cab and IFS? To my knowledge they were all the 45-5500 with straight frames straight front axle and topkick cabs. How are you getting slicks on a 10 lug axle?

Last edited:
FWIW...

My 3500 regular cab C&C Dodge with 12 foot bed weighs 8250....and my Quad 2500 LB weighs 8100 lbs. I had to try really hard to make it that heavy though...

Big twins, b umpers, suspensions, stereos, fuel tanks, huge heavy tires, boxs...etc etc...add up pound by pound.

Not the biggest Dimitri fan here, but all this crying over weight is just plain funny. Last year at worlds, I scaled at 7380 with me in it. I drive a crew cab short box gmc. that was every thing out of it with super light 18 inch wheels and drag radials. This year its 20 inch wheels with proxes st's, new bumpers, heaviers turbos, 3 additional coolers, 30 gallon stainless water tank, more lights, siren speaker, lots more wire and the list goes on. I weigh in right a 8000 with me in it setup for racing. daily driving trim with a full tank of fuel is closer to 8600.

Its a crewcab long box that they say comes from the factory around 7500lbs. Not hard to add 600 lbs with 3 turbos, 3 bottles, and everything else that goes into making a fast truck.

Like I said, NOT a Dimitri fan, but kudos are due getting a truck down the track at 140mph that weighs 4 tons.

*nx*

I should have got specific i guess lol I forgot to add too at DPC truck weighed 8160 with a full tank, last night was almost empty from the road trip weighing 8060, that might have been my difference as i thought the scales were off..

You mean to say that a cab and chassis truck only came with a fuel tank large enough to fit 100lbs of diesel? Pretty small tank for a truck spec'd out to work.

So when you say "almost empty" did you mean there was still 1/2 of a tank left?

36 gallon tank which is base spec on a dmax 1ton holds approx. 257lbs of diesel.

You mean to say that a cab and chassis truck only came with a fuel tank large enough to fit 100lbs of diesel? Pretty small tank for a truck spec'd out to work.

So when you say "almost empty" did you mean there was still 1/2 of a tank left?

36 gallon tank which is base spec on a dmax 1ton holds approx. 257lbs of diesel.

Actually there was 2 tanks for this truck. 1 was removed. Pretty cool huh

also he said that was 2 different scales, so there could be differences there. alot of those big scales go in variance of 20 lbs or more.

Back