One thing led to another. Build thread.

Seth made a 1/4 mile pass at Indy this year, unfortunately he did not notify the tower that he would be making a 1/4 mile pass so he did not get any mph or ET but he was def moving on. I asked him how it felt and he said "pretty smooth really."

Well that's cool! I wonder when he'll pull the chutes, I still haven't seen him do that yet.

Well that's cool! I wonder when he'll pull the chutes, I still haven't seen him do that yet.

I plan to pull mine every pass to get in a good habit so if something does go wrong it is natural for me to pull them, I couldn't imagine going as fast as him and not using them!

I've been PM'n folks trying to get a better feel for what racers are doing currently. Most say stock cases locked in the whole pass. So, maybe I'm completely overthinking the whole front end deal??

We run in mud/dirt/sand so our 'viscous coupling' is the soil itself. Without everything being completely spot-on perfect, binding will occur without some sort of forgiving coupling between the two. Where you have binding, you have loss.

could this be a custom viscous coupling design?
I believe it is a mechanical clutch of some sort. I left Bobby a message this evening. Hopefully I'll get a chance to pick his brain on his set up.

It must not be too scary beings Seth Sullivan traps 165+ with 4 wheel slicks. most of the 7 second 180+mph imports are 4 wheel slick as well
WOW!! That's just Nut Dragg'n crazy!!!

Anyone think he'll go 4.0's?
I think striking 4 tires loose half track is pretty bad to the bone. I have to admit after watching all the videos I could find, he's got the HP to get it done. Backing that monster down to smooth control should net much quicker times.

From what I could tell from Bookface it looked like Bobby went 5.30 at 161mph stumbling, then spinning all four tires on the hit. Long ways to go, but cool to see it back out. From what I could tell, the rest of the pass looked pretty straight.

Re-mounted the front bumper cover to tighten up all of the gaps.

83827024-3988-46C1-A263-571FDF83E84C_zps73qnarya.jpg

We got our hands on a super duty front valance, and it looks like it'll work.

697C0C12-8048-46AC-9931-8299F50580ED_zps1yyvzchy.jpg

Mounted the tailgate and started on the bed cover.

3491D42A-DD13-43B1-B0F5-B25B91C979BA_zpsk71ylzwe.jpg

9813905F-F83B-4F9D-8389-69383C66C3ED_zps4930qpf8.jpg

44AB4557-E947-4E90-8A65-602E0D46E417_zpsbnglmt32.jpg

581B63D7-2F35-4B0D-9D4B-EF243D4828E0_zpsnet8mevy.jpg

Lookin good, I'll be back up Tuesday again. Sold my drag truck roller yesterday, now there's room for the Camaro haha.

Right on Russ. I might see you up there. We have to wrap this thing up and get it into paint.

Man that has to be the best looking cage I've seen in a truck. How much did the bed weigh before gutting?

have you thought about a vinyl bed top to save weight over aluminum?

Vinyl would be cheaper, lighter, easier to install, and perform better according to guys on the aero modding site. I just don't like the look of it at all.

I planned to the same thing w the supper duty air damn on my 1st gen, I like the way yours looks w it too, not sure how much it will help aero but I imagine it has to do something.

Vinyl would be cheaper, lighter, easier to install, and perform better according to guys on the aero modding site. I just don't like the look of it at all.

Ok just wondering since you have been all about the weight though this whole build. I agree its not the best looking think but i am planning to use it on my puller.

I planned to the same thing w the supper duty air damn on my 1st gen, I like the way yours looks w it too, not sure how much it will help aero but I imagine it has to do something.

Winthout a wind tunnel i guess we'll never know for sure. I'm betting it'll help.

Ok just wondering since you have been all about the weight though this whole build. I agree its not the best looking think but i am planning to use it on my puller.

I've been focused on weight to a point. I kept steel bedsides and front fenders because the glass ones don't look good to me. I could easily lose another 40 lbs there. Leaving the bed uncovered with no tailgate or roll pan would save another 40-50. I could save 20 or more with a lighter seat, and the funny car cage adds some. I save where i can, but it still has to look good.

Back