P pumped 7.3 Mustang

I bet that Detroit powered rail sounded crazy!

Probably sounded a lot like Doug Doring's....

Now that the stang is more complete, any idea what it's going to weigh? You talk to Frank Puskarich at all? I think he's running a similar setup in the Lunatic Fringe pulling truck.

Probably sounded a lot like Doug Doring's....

Now that the stang is more complete, any idea what it's going to weigh? You talk to Frank Puskarich at all? I think he's running a similar setup in the Lunatic Fringe pulling truck.

Race shop estimated 3k but we haven't scaled it yet but will soon!

I haven't talked to him personally but that motor is pretty much the exact same thing we are running. Hypermax built

Last edited:
Yeah bore spacing is differnt. Hypermax made around 1300 out of a IDi back in like 92 and ran 9s with it but the block wouldn't last but 2-3 passes before it would flex to much and blow out freeze plugs.

C8D2F134-5E6E-478D-9571-148F1477763D_zpsxtydfpjv.jpg

More like 800hp... They said it ran 9's, but straight from a guy who did mech work on the truck, it ran low 10's, and weighed 4500lbs. It also had to be running an IDIT bottom end (If they werent running secret H-max connecting rods), the N/A IDI rods are only good for about 900wtq before bending/breaking...

Cast Iron Doesn't Flex, It breaks, and an IDI block isnt going to take that much abuse without being filled...The freeze plug story has got to be made up.... Lots of rumors about that truck are completely Un-true... And there isnt anybody around anymore who had direct experience with it...

That being said, its still a legend... I think your 7.3 is going to make just a touch more power than that one though :D...

More like 800hp... They said it ran 9's, but straight from a guy who did mech work on the truck, it ran low 10's, and weighed 4500lbs. It also had to be running an IDIT bottom end (If they werent running secret H-max connecting rods), the N/A IDI rods are only good for about 900wtq before bending/breaking...

Cast Iron Doesn't Flex, It breaks, and an IDI block isnt going to take that much abuse without being filled...The freeze plug story has got to be made up.... Lots of rumors about that truck are completely Un-true... And there isnt anybody around anymore who had direct experience with it...

That being said, its still a legend... I think your 7.3 is going to make just a touch more power than that one though :D...

Remember how I said it was my local track? I posted it to the Facebook page. Here you go.

7aaefb27dc14eeee0a8fb663775def82.jpg

33a727d83bec13afc06f4a4f8e35ddad.jpg

5f6d33bb998231aa9702381fff3996a0.jpg

Remember how I said it was my local track? I posted it to the Facebook page. Here you go.

7aaefb27dc14eeee0a8fb663775def82.jpg

33a727d83bec13afc06f4a4f8e35ddad.jpg

5f6d33bb998231aa9702381fff3996a0.jpg

Right on... I believe I have contacted "Bill Jahns" on FB, but I never got a message back... He's probably sick of people asking about the truck... It would be nice to get some real solid info though.

As far as the Freeze Plug is concerned, I have no doubt it spit a freeze plug, IDI plugs are ridiculous, if they arent installed perfect, they come out, but it wasn't because the block was flexing. I myself have installed pipe plugs in place of the crappy stock plugs just to get away from them. I have a feeling people might have mistaken having to run rubber freeze plugs because a new plug wouldnt seat, with the block flexing... Again, why that block wasnt filled at that level is beyond me.

Beyond that, its really pointless to debate, the hearsay is so prevalent with that truck, that it would take years to beat back the info even if you had a truck in front of peoples face to prove it wrong...

Last edited:
Beyond that, its really pointless to debate, the hearsay is so prevalent with that truck, that it would take years to beat back the info even if you had a truck in front of peoples face to prove it wrong...

I talked to Hypermax about it a while back, and they even sent some Polaroid's....lol

What do you want to know?

Back