P pumped 7.3 Mustang

I love this build! Glad to see you are adding the dual frame rails, they seem to be necessary for the torque & weight of a diesel!

Over built can be just as bad or worse. Chassis that's too stiff won't work well down track. Several top guys talk about it all the time. Chassis needs to flex in the right areas. We had this issue as well. Just a heads up

Last edited:
Over built can be just as bad or worse. Chassis that's too stiff won't work well down track. Several top guys talk about it all the time. Chassis needs to flex in the right areas. We had this issue as well. Just a heads up

Although I do agree that overbuilt is not the right choice, I couldn't disagree more with the chassis needing to flex. The chassis should be rigid with the suspension doing the moving. Tell me I'm wrong but I promise I'm not.

Although I do agree that overbuilt is not the right choice, I couldn't disagree more with the chassis needing to flex. The chassis should be rigid with the suspension doing the moving. Tell me I'm wrong but I promise I'm not.

I disagree but You don't have to take my word for it. But just call some of the top builder's. They will tell you the same I have.

I'm sticking to my opinion and it looks like Jerry Bickel agrees with me.
Says exactly what I thought to myself, and I don't race.

Do people strap these chassis into rigs and actually measure the torsion or just pretend to know what's happening and tune around it?

Thanks for your Input but it's not me making these decisions. It's people who do this for a living making them. I have complete trust in my chassis shop's ability to build the best set up for me.

I remember ricky smith saying that he took a new Bickel chassis that wouldn't work and cut a bar or two out and it went rite down the track.

There's a reason our Pro Mod car has 1 5/8's .083 lower frame rails with 1 1/2 .065 uppers that run ALL the way out to the front end and don't stop short.

It wasn't for ballast or looks either.

Back