P pumped 7.3 Mustang

here is a pictures of the motor out of the car

1743500_274561519399017_1273633235834144607_n.jpg

This is very cool. Have you fellas weighed the 7.3? I read somewhere where they are the heaviest of the light duty diesels.

What tranny you plan on using?

6.4 is the heaviest followed by the 6.7 then the 6.0 and 7.3 kinda tie for lightest. This is probably heavier than a factory 7.3 tho with the front cover And pump

We are using a Lenco set up

Hellz yea! :rockwoot: Nice work ya'll. Got a name fer it yet? They may not know it yet but I'm thinkin "Mellow Yellow" needs to sponsor this.

We are using a Lenco set up

Sweet. How many gears and what type lenco (cs1,cs2, etc...)? Also, what clutch are you going with?

Sorry for all the questions. We too are switching to a lenco after the power glide deal didn't work. I've watched the Schied dragster and the Power Service funny car video's over and over and the best I can tell is that they are actually releasing the clutch pedal manually. Hats off to them drivers being able to lite those turbos up upon takeoff.

We are painting it black. And I think the name is going to be demented. It goes along with deranged nicely

Sweet. How many gears and what type lenco (cs1,cs2, etc...)? Also, what clutch are you going with?

Sorry for all the questions. We too are switching to a lenco after the power glide deal didn't work. I've watched the Schied dragster and the Power Service funny car video's over and over and the best I can tell is that they are actually releasing the clutch pedal manually. Hats off to them drivers being able to lite those turbos up upon takeoff.

It's a big shaft cs1 with overdrive case. We have 3 cases (4 speed) but we might take 1st out.

Also running a Bruno drive not a clutch.

That's pretty neat nice to see someone building something like that its a work of art

I've watched the Schied dragster and the Power Service funny car video's over and over and the best I can tell is that they are actually releasing the clutch pedal manually. Hats off to them drivers being able to lite those turbos up upon takeoff.

John is, I'm not sure about Jared.

That thing is just sick. When it's all done what times are shootin to run with it?

no time line. its still a ways out. It will be done when it gets done, not going to rush it

but in other news got the turbos today

48821366-BAE4-4BBA-8021-17575589AF9D_zps6ldi9xuw.jpg

78E08B1D-F37D-4BCA-8833-561D5B99CC60_zpse0lqpvod.jpg

Back