Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

awsome dale glad to see ya back up and running. and that is awsome milage for your Perkins and Ally :) i can only hope that my Cat can compete with that

Depends on how its tuned and geared.I need to get the old girl on the innerstate and just let her cruse.

Dale

I tried to post a picture of the grand kids for some reason Photobucket won't let.done it alot but not today.
Dale

Motor and trans doing good.10,000 miles on new motor used 1/2 qt oil really good.Had to tow a scidstear for my Dan couldn't even tell it was even hooked to the truck.The Allison is great for towing.4 to 3 closed throttle down shifts still harsh.I put a MD tcm in mine everything was good except the 4 to 3 CTDS we have come to the conclusion it's the VB.
Going to set the fuel back up and maybe advance the timing a little.

When did the old motor go??? Did I miss somthing? Glad to hear its going well tho. How js the shoulder?

The rebuild after pistons from 1st rebuild broke.
How is your project going.

Dale

oh yah in TN now, if i ever get a chance come thru MO, wanna drop n by?

Great new we got the problems figured out with the harsh 4 to 3 closed throttle downshift and smoothed out the rest of the upshifts also.Pretty much everyone ws telling me that it was my tuning that I was doing.So we tried another TCM from a medium duty 6 speed did the exactly the same problems.Friday I put a stock VB in replacement of mine.Saturday took the truck out for test drive.i felt like I have won the lottery trans shifted just like if I was driving a duramax smooth on all upshifts and down shifts like in tow haul because the torque converter looks up in 2nd gear.each time it down shift was perfect.
We found the problem with my VB one of the shift kit valves the ball wasn't in the valve.It was in the valvebody port just below the valve got everything put back in its place and back in the trans.Test drove it yesterday all shift great.Mine shifts are alittle firmer and I like that better.I still don't have TH but at this point don't really care tap shift working good to.
I would definitely recommend the Allison for transmission swap.

Dale

Almost 2 yr.playing with efi now I will be able to fine tune it easier.
I was about to pay someone for some help with tunes.The experts I did talk to didn't want to have anything to do with my setup.They pretty much said it won't work.
Dale

Going to get a video of the truck drive a buddy picked up a gopro camera.but will have to wait for the snow to go away some.

Dale

Back