Pro 2.6 vs Street 2.6

I understand that you need a beginner class, which all pulling has, look at farm stock in tractors. There has to be a way to break up the 2.6 trucks to the guys off the street to the purpose built trucks. I know that someone will still spent the $$$ to build a "street" truck, but isn't that the case in all motorsports. If people were not "stretching" the rules the sport would never grow.

After reading this, I thought I would put in my input......

So NADM (and all other Org's, Pulls and Fairs) want to get trucks to show....thats kinda the main point........How would spliting up the classes help more trucks show up??

If you do a Pro 2.6, why would anyone who built a Pro 2.6 truck want to drive a couple of hours away to pull against say 4 other trucks? We all know there are a few Pro 2.6 qualified trucks out there, but not realy enough to have a good showing class. Add into that a pay back percentage, 5-8 trucks having an 80% pay back isnt a good purse for the big dogs to show up.

Then you have you Street 2.6 class. Thats all well and good. But the trucks that are going to qualify for that class are going to be mostly local guys wanting to pull......And now you have a lot of street trucks running big turbos.......Basicaly Workstock trucks with turbos that are too big. Not realy a fun pull to watch IMO.

IMO, spliting them up is a step back. Why change? The 2.6 class is growing, and I auctualy like the way the classes are now. Workstock, 2.6, 3.0, Mod put on a Heck of a show at Indy last weekend!!!

Not that i disagree with anyone, but im not sure where the sport is dying. All the pulls i attend have a good show up, especially when you throw fuel prices into the mix.

Dieing? Oh hell no. Same fights the gassers had years ago, and they are still around. Even through about a 4 year economy down turn, record unemployment outrageous fuel and new truck prices, Diesel is still the leader.

I had HOPED we would avoid the gasser mistakes, but too many of you wanted to make rules to ban the guy next county over, so here we are.

NADM s goal has always been to have a rule set that lets most trucks pull, without a lot of changes, across the country. And not favor one shop or another.

i really wish work stock would come east with 2.6 (FPP). What are the differences between what you guys want and the current work stock?

I love how you gasser guys think you know diesels. Your turbo rule hasn't done anything for the competition. It has made some people a lot of money.

This will probably always be the case but at least these same trucks aren't as far ahead of the class as they were last year.

I dont see the same trucks out ahead this year as they were last year? I think cotpc has alot of new faces at the top... I will be running a 3.0 cover at wilmington just so you guys know since knobody gives 2 ****s about the rules in cotpc and enforces them.

Why drop 3.0? Same reason we dropped 2.8. Same reason PPL and NTPA will eventually drop Super Stock. Not enough consistent running trucks at every event.
Should we match their high entry fees and lower purses too? LOL

How or why would you want to drop the 3.0 class? that is an ever rising class, it will take off with time.

Last edited:
Back