problems spooling S300

Haven't pulled the foot but tomorrow I'm gonna test the boost reference line

This pile is gettin on my last nerve. Boost reference line is ok. Cut fuel plate and modded afc are in. Boost leaks are almost completely eliminated. Waste gate is disabled right now and shut. No matter what I do I can't push past 15 psi. This truck will be the death of me.

As stated pull the foot out and drive it. I bet you'd make over 15 psi if you do that. We had the same issue two weeks ago...

id say check and make sure that ur shut-off solenoid is pulling all the way up and not bndng

Would it make a difference if the boost reference was taken at the intake manifold or the waste gate line?

^^^^ No difference.

How's your governor arm height to afc foot position?

As stated pull the foot out and drive it. I bet you'd make over 15 psi if you do that. We had the same issue two weeks ago...

what'd you do about putting the foot back in? or did you leave it out?

^^^^ No difference.

How's your governor arm height to afc foot position?

I'm gonna have to take a look tomorrow morning.

the other 2 questions I had were -
could the 64/65/12 be too big for the motor?

and could the smoke screw adjustment be so far out i'm nowhere close to moving the foot?

No, the 64 is real close to perfect for a street truck. Smoke screw should not matter except for pre-boost fuel. The starwheel could make a difference, not allowing it to move forward enough. If bench testing the AFC, you should have seen that if it was an issue.

i had bench tested it before it went in, but i screwed everything up after that. I'll have to pull it off again and re set it. i was shooting for 15 psi for the diaphragm, but I don't think I'd get anywhere close to that, seeing as I can just barely break 15 psi with the pedal to the floor goin up hill.

You just have to watch for turbo surge with a 64/65. I had one as a single and would surge like a beotch till i started forcing air into and now it dont surge no more.

Also whos injectors? You say they are 250's but what are they? 5x13, 14, 16, 18, ect?

And just a stupid question but are you sure your gauge will go over 15 psi and not broke. Hook a air hose to it and see if it will go over that

Last edited:
not sure on the injectors. I'll have to do some digging. I remember hearing they were stock 250's, and that was it.

Umm stock 250's?????? You mean they are stock 215's and not aftermarket? You can stop wondering why you cant make more then 15 psi if you are running a stock injector. You dont have any fuel if they are just stock. I first read your post i was assuming you had 250 over stock injectors.

Last edited:
Umm stock 250's?????? You mean they are stock 215's and not aftermarket? You can stop wondering why you cant make more then 15 psi if you are running a stock injector. You dont have any fuel if they are just stock

now i'm gettin somewhere :doh:

is there no where to go with these, and just bump up to 370's?

Last edited:
Dont put 370's in it. I would get a good set of 5x.013 and see what it does

Last edited:
what are those 5x.013 injectors from DDP?

and would those stock injectors do ok if i threw the stock turbo on?

Back