Roll Cages

The only one that I know of is RacinDually. I think he has pictures in his half-ton build thread. You may be able to buy the blueprints for the S&W cage for $20 and see if you like the design. I'd call 'em. You would think that if they built it specifically for that year and model truck, it would fit.

And How did you guys with the removable door bars build them and how do you have them removable? Any pics would be great! Thanks

Here is a poor picture of my driver side removable bar. It has clevis pins on both ends. Lower end attaches on a short piece that goes through the floorboard and is welded on to the frame. Mine is an extended cab chevy with a bar setup good to 10.0. I can take more pictures if you are interested. Sorry this one isn't very good.

Attachments

• 0419101142a.jpg
    0419101142a.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
im still up in the air if i want to do just a bar or a cage. i plan on driving this thing on occasion.

so on the sw kits which material do yall reccommend. does chromoly have to be tig'd?

I got a new truck Ext Cab rear seats are coming out and running a bar. With 2 15's replacing the rear seats. Take out weight just to replace it with More weight from subs LOL

Here is a poor picture of my driver side removable bar. It has clevis pins on both ends. Lower end attaches on a short piece that goes through the floorboard and is welded on to the frame. Mine is an extended cab chevy with a bar setup good to 10.0. I can take more pictures if you are interested. Sorry this one isn't very good.

I'm curious to see more pics of an ext cab...

OK should have the truck back home in the next day or two and I'll get some pics and post them.

Thanks!

Any idea if I'll be able to retain the back seat? I'd like to build it in a way that I can keep the factory seats for daily driving then swap out to race seats to race if we ever do...

Is anybody running the S&W kit? I'm thinking pretty hard about getting one for my truck but i'm curious on how well the kit is put togother and how well everything fits.

Thanks!

Any idea if I'll be able to retain the back seat? I'd like to build it in a way that I can keep the factory seats for daily driving then swap out to race seats to race if we ever do...

Look at beans they did I thought about keeping the backseat we will see.

i have a reg cab 1/2 ton chevy, any ideas, trying to keep it at 3800 lbs, "hoping" i should say, plan on being fast and would like to run nhra rules to be able to go anywhere.. pics anyone?

i have a reg cab 1/2 ton chevy, any ideas, trying to keep it at 3800 lbs, "hoping" i should say, plan on being fast and would like to run nhra rules to be able to go anywhere.. pics anyone?
Those are dime-a-dozen. Cages are cheap for the 'common' trucks.

Autoweld, Jegs, S&W Racecars... google it. Chris Alston, etc also can build them. Ask around your local track for local custom-fit options.

I wonder how much jegs charges to ship roll cages. i know they are usually pretty good on shipping, isnt it free sometimes? i just paid $110 to get my roll bar kit shipped from SW

Roll Bar: Roll bars are mandatory in all vehicles running 11.49 or quicker. All roll bars must be within six inches of the rear or side of
the drivers head, extend in height at least three inches above the drivers helmet with driver in normal driving position, and be at least
as wide as the drivers shoulders or within one inch of the drivers door. The roll bar must be adequately supported or
cross-braced to prevent forward or lateral collapse. Rear braces must be of the same diameter and wall thickness as the roll bar and
intersect with the roll bar at a point not more than five inches from the top of the roll bar. A sidebar must be included on the drivers
side and must pass the driver at a point midway between the shoulder and elbow. Swing-out sidebars are permitted. All roll bars must
have in their construction a cross bar for seat bracing and as the shoulder-harness attachment point; the cross bar must be installed no
more than four inches below, and not above, the drivers shoulders or be welded to the side bar.
All vehicles with OEM frame (i.e., pickup truck where body bolts to frame rails) must have the roll bar welded or bolted to the frame.
Installation of frame connectors on unibody vehicles does not constitute a frame; therefore, it is not necessary to have the roll bar
attached to the frame.

This is according to NADM now I thought I would just have the main bar go to the top of the Cab. I guess I can't do that with this?

This looks like the same wording as the 2011 NHRA rule book that I have. If I am reading this right does this mean that a 5 point roll bar is adequate down to 10.00? "The wording is "Side bar must be included on the drivers side".
The reason I am asking this is I still want to use the truck as a daily driver and if I don't need the bar on the passenger side why have it? It would be allot easier for people to get in and out.

This looks like the same wording as the 2011 NHRA rule book that I have. If I am reading this right does this mean that a 5 point roll bar is adequate down to 10.00? "The wording is "Side bar must be included on the drivers side".
The reason I am asking this is I still want to use the truck as a daily driver and if I don't need the bar on the passenger side why have it? It would be allot easier for people to get in and out.
The rulebook figure in 4:10 shows only the driver door bar. It would make me feel a lot better if it had both door bars.

Back