RPM's for a 2.8 turbo?

Chit, I thought it was a five speed, don't ask me where I came up with that either.

-Tom

So, what exhaust housing size would you recomend for a S471 or a K31?

Spol up vs. choke point vs. boot/turbine speed.

.9 should be ok up to 42-4300, with the 83/74 turbine wheel and a decent cam, reasonable timing, you should be able to get down to 3000

30 or under. Can't vouch for much over 30 never ran that high.

That's where the fun begins..

I know guys that push upper 30's. That is fine. With the convertor I run, I don't think I can get the charger lit with that kind of timing. Plus I don't feel my pistons/injectors are set up for that kind of timing. The statement I will make run as high of timing as you can and get the charger lit, and keep the injection pattern in the bowl.

I know guys that push upper 30's. That is fine. With the convertor I run, I don't think I can get the charger lit with that kind of timing. Plus I don't feel my pistons/injectors are set up for that kind of timing. The statement I will make run as high of timing as you can and get the charger lit, and keep the injection pattern in the bowl.

i ran 30 this whole season untill i decided to try a smaller set of Injectors and after 3 runs burnt up #6:bang

i ran 30 this whole season untill i decided to try a smaller set of Injectors and after 3 runs burnt up #6:bang

Were the injectors a different spray pattern? Or were you just dumping enough fuel to cool the engine?

would 20-22* timing be enough to keep a 2.8 charger going between 32-4200 rpm?

I run at 42-4400rpm down the track if I keep it in 2nd gear. 3rd gear it is around 4k depending on the track. I have an auto trans, 4:10's, and a non wastgated K31 from II. this is in low range with 33's. the pump has a 5k spring kit in it, and I do see as high as 4700rpm it I dont shift it soon enough. I also have a 2300 stall in the converter which helps. pump is a 12mm from II with 18* timing

I run at 42-4400rpm down the track if I keep it in 2nd gear. 3rd gear it is around 4k depending on the track. I have an auto trans, 4:10's, and a non wastgated K31 from II. this is in low range with 33's. the pump has a 5k spring kit in it, and I do see as high as 4700rpm it I dont shift it soon enough. I also have a 2300 stall in the converter which helps. pump is a 12mm from II with 18* timing

I would be curious to see a dyno sheet. I wander how much power your making over 4000 rpm with 18 degrees timing. Are you locking the convertor in 3rd gear?

I havent dynoed yet. I dont lock the converter cause I dont have a switch yet. In this video it shifted to 4th and I still stayed on top of the turbo and it was just over 4k in 4th. it runs at 55-58lbs of boost. with a smaller turbo and smaller injectors, I was mid 500 just over 4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0XJXIe-O8

OK, I think if you get a lock up switch and bump your timing up you will be very impressed. What kind of ground speed do you have any idea? Wheel speed?

I have no idea. the speedo was the one thing all year long that i wanted to look at and i never did. I was too busy watching the boost guage when launched, and the tach going down the track. :bang

I have no idea. the speedo was the one thing all year long that i wanted to look at and i never did. I was too busy watching the boost guage when launched, and the tach going down the track. :bang

You actually watch things! Definitely needs more timing, don't know how yours is setup but on mine with 20 degrees and 4K springs you can forget about pulling over 4K.

Jim

Back