RPM's for a 2.8 turbo?

I run at 42-4400rpm down the track if I keep it in 2nd gear. 3rd gear it is around 4k depending on the track. I have an auto trans, 4:10's, and a non wastgated K31 from II. this is in low range with 33's. the pump has a 5k spring kit in it, and I do see as high as 4700rpm it I dont shift it soon enough. I also have a 2300 stall in the converter which helps. pump is a 12mm from II with 18* timing

Does the motor pull to much over 4700rpm or was that just a one time oops kinda thing?

NKP= NickKristaPezan

Nick and his brother Brent both worked at Terrea haute and JP (Nicks dad) and cousin Andy work at effingham. Nick started his own company in Rockville In Tim

Does the motor pull to much over 4700rpm or was that just a one time oops kinda thing?

I have ran it up there several times, mostly on the street, but it doesnt pull real hard over 4600rpm. it pulls real hard from about 2800-4600 and then dies off real sharply.

I am in the process of deciding weather to pull the motor and build it or just put a cam in it. just trying to figure out how much money I will have to do it. we have already put numbers together so i know how much a new build will be:doh:

Back