Run it???

There you go feeding the zoo animals!

Never heard of this old timers test. I feel young and or ignorant.

Old guys know a lot of stuff....may not be scientific, but they didn't have the Internet back then to tell them they were doing it wrong :hehe:

And as far as "zoo animals," I'd say about 20% of the people actually tried to say something constructive, unfortunately they were overrun by the 80% who didn't.

my truck had a bit of similar scuffing, but nothing i could catch with a nail, i'm running it till it becomes a serious problem

^exactly what I was getting at. Lots of B's have streaking through the cross hatch. I found mine with streaks through #6 in 2007 and 130,000 miles ago. It has yet to miss due to lost compression.
Its all calculated risk.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

^exactly what I was getting at. Lots of B's have streaking through the cross hatch. I found mine with streaks through #6 in 2007 and 130,000 miles ago. It has yet to miss due to lost compression.
Its all calculated risk.

What power level?

Just need to re-seat the rings Jason. Take the boot off connecting the turbo to the intake and set the throttle to a high idle(around 1800rpm). Then slowly sprinkle scouring powder into the intake so it can hone the bore and match it to the rings. I think the process is called a Bon-Ami cylinder hone.

Mine or the others? Mine was just over stock when found. The others were mid duty trucks before I sold my soul to caterpillar. Delivery trucks, one sewage truck. Fleet engines.

Just need to re-seat the rings Jason. Take the boot off connecting the turbo to the intake and set the throttle to a high idle(around 1800rpm). Then slowly sprinkle scouring powder into the intake so it can hone the bore and match it to the rings. I think the process is called a Bon-Ami cylinder hone.

You need to post that on the Facebook thread and see how many of them agree with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I had an international at work today. The clamp had been off the inlet hose from the air filter for so long that the loose clamp had worn into the aluminum air horn on the atmospheric turbo.

You need to post that on the Facebook thread and see how many of them agree with you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Where do you think I got the idea?:poke:

Back