Saturday Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 15th, 2011

Thanks, Yea I saw a few trucks in the road house parking lot. A few of my buddies got stuck in some parking lots with their sled trucks on trailers lol, so that's where we ended up

Thanks, Yea I saw a few trucks in the road house parking lot. A few of my buddies got stuck in some parking lots with their sled trucks on trailers lol, so that's where we ended up

We were stuck in the Loves parking lot after they kicked us out of the pits. We were working on an Excursion, that is apparently cursed, for awhile until we just said to hell with it its time for food. Well half of us did, the rest stayed to fix the Ex.

That curse must have spread around because we were having to tow a 12v out of the track to wait for a trailer then we said the same thing lol

Great event! My truck ran like crap, but we still had a good time. I dynoed 661, so that made up for the crappy 1/8 th mile runs. There was a good turn out and everything ran smoothly.

Congratulations to the missing NADM staff that were a bit occupied bringing a new Diesel head into the world, Riley, 7 lbs 6 oz.:rockwoot:

we had a damn good time also! this event was well organized! hopefully there will be more trucks there next year.. was it me, or did it seem like not many showed up this year?

Also, big thanks to the sponsors, ODRA, and the people that stepped up to make this event the sucess it was. Thanks to all those that raced,pulled, dynoed, or come out for just a great time. From the feedback that people have told me so far Texas wants to KEEP having the events , they WANT Texas events,and in true Texas form, they want it BIGGER! :lolly:
Yes, 1/8 mile racing has its downfalls, but also made for some GREAT racing. A good deal of the races were won or lost at the line which forced racers to be sharp and great racers to continue to do what makes them great in the first place. In 1/8 mile, you had less room for error as you didnt have the top end to try to redeem yourselves.The competitors were great, they were patient when they needed to be, all business on the track, and a hell of alot of fun off the track. What more can anyone ask for? Thanks again yall, see yall next year.

Great event, well organized. Good to see a lot of old faces. Hope it just continues to grow! There were a lot of impressive trucks there and well worth the time to go!

this is the only video i got of the races lol
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHfph9uvBFY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHfph9uvBFY[/ame]

Back