Scheid Standalone CR Ford

Don't take this the wrong way but what is a "manual auto". How is that even possible unless your talkin about an auto with a manual valve body? If that's the case how would you tech that? Just wondering

this is how are rules read pretty much just can't have a clutch in place of a converter if you want a clutch run a manual...and to tech that pull the dust shied if its an auto and no converter is there you dont pull pretty simple lol

Transmission: Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. No manual clutch automatics will be allowed.

this is how are rules read pretty much just can't have a clutch in place of a converter if you want a clutch run a manual...and to tech that pull the dust shied if its an auto and no converter is there you dont pull pretty simple lol

Transmission: Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. No manual clutch automatics will be allowed.

Danco pretty much sounds illegal to me...You guys know the basic design has been out for years...The Chrysler guys used to call them Clutch-Flites...

Looks like a good run. I dont think the danco should be allowed but that my thoughts. We didnt break last nite so well see you guys starting thursday afternonn for Scheid.

My questions are:

What exactly is a Danco transmission? Modified 47/48RE? or something totally different? If its just a modded 47/48 then i see no problem with it because it was originally from a 1ton or less truck, which is what most pulling rules state in thier tranny rules, and until now i have never seen a rule that didn't allow a clutch with an automatic tranny. Other wise, if the tranny did not come from a 1 ton or less truck, then yes i would say that it is illegal.

My other question is to TennKid. Why would you say Furlong would be illegal aswell. His truck has a built 47RE and still uses a TQ Conv. Not understanding why his would be illegal.

I was told it was running a danco. If I was wrong I apologize. Whatever he runs didn't do him much good down here a couple weeks ago against chase. When you put 37ft on brads truck your doin something right. Sept 18th should be interesting with chase and dillard go head to head( given no breakage before then)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a 47/48 with a manual valve body be considered a "manual auto"? It is shifted manually so that's manual auto in my book

Lets try to keep other names out both Brad and Chase have good trucks no sence in saying whos who

BOT

BTW the danco is like a modded converter it fits in the 47RE so it would b legal by most ORGS no different than a triple disk other than adapter plate

What u guys are referring to is a Crowerglide witch would b totally different

Last edited:
hey guys we pulled at Stewards IL thursday night and i tried takin off in 2nd and it wouldnt light but went to 1st and it done alot better, we pulled in Switz City and the track was alot tighter and i couldnt get my rpms high enough so we have taken some weights off the clutch to help. I broke the driveshaft so im gettin that fixed tomorrow. but the trucks 2.8 now not 2.6

I know i'm skow so you don't have to reind me buuuuttttt...... Is it supposed to be sparking underneith?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a 47/48 with a manual valve body be considered a "manual auto"? It is shifted manually so that's manual auto in my book
A "manual auto" is a type of automatic transmission that utilizes a "clutch" setup instead of a torque converter. You have an acutual clutch pedal or lever depending on your setup.
The manual auto has been around for many years and has been used in many forms of motorsports....it's nothin new.

I was told it was running a danco. If I was wrong I apologize. Whatever he runs didn't do him much good down here a couple weeks ago against chase. When you put 37ft on brads truck your doin something right. Sept 18th should be interesting with chase and dillard go head to head( given no breakage before then)

Where is the pull on the 18th, I know Lynville pull is Sept 10th and 11th and the Lincoln County fair pull is the 17th

after seeing this thread made me think of this video i seen on youtube. Here's a vid of a guy with a cummins that use to be an auto the way it looks. cause the column shifter is still there. But the truck has a manual stick. I know alot of guys that do manual swaps in trucks still leave the auto shifter on the column. But if you watch it closely...he bumps the manual shifter up twice to shift it. Does this truck has a danco trans that you guys are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhytPzR6AGw

Back