Scheid Standalone CR Ford

after seeing this thread made me think of this video i seen on youtube. Here's a vid of a guy with a cummins that use to be an auto the way it looks. cause the column shifter is still there. But the truck has a manual stick. I know alot of guys that do manual swaps in trucks still leave the auto shifter on the column. But if you watch it closely...he bumps the manual shifter up twice to shift it. Does this truck has a danco trans that you guys are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhytPzR6AGw

that looks like a ratchet shifter for an auto to me

after seeing this thread made me think of this video i seen on youtube. Here's a vid of a guy with a cummins that use to be an auto the way it looks. cause the column shifter is still there. But the truck has a manual stick. I know alot of guys that do manual swaps in trucks still leave the auto shifter on the column. But if you watch it closely...he bumps the manual shifter up twice to shift it. Does this truck has a danco trans that you guys are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhytPzR6AGw

That is Taylor Stivers, just a ratchet, name of truck is BlackJack real good runnin truck and nice guy!
Brandon

no because it still utilizes the torque converter. We run a manual VB 47re like Taylors. Just a modified VB and a ratchet shifter is really all that is needed for that setup.

here's a side pic before we ran the cable that shows the factory shifter in place still.
38226_417433687837_502977837_4571731_4651249_n.jpg

Isnt there a new bellhousing made for a danco or is it all under a stock case?

friend wants one of those dancos for his truck, but he still drives his around town. is that okay for them? can you daily drive a danco?

Yeah this is pretty interesting...

If you can cram all that into a stock housing, I don't see how you could outlaw it, but on the other hand...

If you consider the "transmission" to be the entire assembly from input shaft to output shaft, you could never buy one just like it, so it's not "OEM," although you're using versions of all-OEM parts, just from two entirely different trannies.

I'm just not sure what to say about this one. The creativity is pretty cool.

Yea we had a u-joint shield rubbing a little. As a far as i know there are 5 or so Dancos being ran. We have the only one in a pulling truck and the only one with a manual valve body. the others i know of is the one in the T.S. truck, Seth Sullivan and I reckon its 2 more being ran in drag trucks.

It's a scheid built truck, of course they'll allow it :poke: Looks like she's a runner though guys, congratulations :Cheer:

Yea we had a u-joint shield rubbing a little. As a far as i know there are 5 or so Dancos being ran. We have the only one in a pulling truck and the only one with a manual valve body. the others i know of is the one in the T.S. truck, Seth Sullivan and I reckon its 2 more being ran in drag trucks.

Thought thats what it looked like, too far left to be clutch.

Yall gonna try and run BOB the rest of the year so you can pull the indoor pull at Lexington in December?

yea thats what our plans are gonna be as of now. with me in it it weighs 8k exactly with no hanging weight but we still got a few more small things we can do away with. so far its been hookin up great without the weight though

Back