Shawn Baca's cummins Does 2k

Well he's fueled by haters and has plenty of it he might hit 2500hp as long as the nitrous sponsor steps up their game .

Wish I had that kind of money or someone to keep giving me/building my chit over and over.. seems like every couple runs something goes boom.

Pretty sure the point of the truck is to win dyno competitions and it does that! He didn't build it to run 8s...

This. No it probably isnt fast but it wasnt meant to be fast. Thats like saying a super stock sled puller doesnt make power cuz it cant run 7s in the 1/4. Not everything is multipurpose... and yes I agree his dyno runs are short and but as said before, hes still winning against other built trucks on the same dyno.

Pretty sure the point of the truck is to win dyno competitions and it does that! He didn't build it to run 8s...

Some very public statements were made by members of this forum that the truck was built to race, not just dyno.

Sent from my flashscan v2

And again....who cares what it makes when it doesn't survive!?!?!

You can't stuff a 115+ mm compressor wheel in a gt55 frame charger and expect it to last... It's impressive un useable power...

You can't stuff a 115+ mm compressor wheel in a gt55 frame charger and expect it to last... It's impressive un useable power...

There are quite a few people running that. Mostly in gas applications though. The GT55 isn't his problem.

I'm sure it would be fine under at 10-15lbs but pushing it well over 40lbs...blowing the cover to pieces is inevitable

The gas guys are running them over 40lbs. Like I said the charger isn't the problem. Nitrous back fires and improper secondary sizing are more of the issue. Mainly nitrous backfires. GT55's are bad as$ chargers. I've done things to GT55's that I couldn't believe it lived through. We joke about them being rock crushers LOL

Some very public statements were made by members of this forum that the truck was built to race, not just dyno.

Oh i didnt see any of those. Who said those statements? Bacas nutswangers or....?

Oh i didnt see any of those. Who said those statements? Bacas nutswangers or....?

To the last part, yes. A member who denounced his CompD readership and fully supports everything II does even if it's not honest.

Actually when I left Industrial on Monday there was a brand new crate engine from Ford being unloaded and getting ready for prep for build for a well known diesel guy who everyone knows. Im confident it will be one of the high HP trucks in the crowd and most likely to hit 2000HP.

Baca actually hit 1586 I believe on fuel only on Custom Auto's dyno on Saturday. Sprayed it to high 1800's on their dyno and made some changes on Monday morning to hit the 2K mark. Back to back dyno runs were done between the in house dyno and the one from Custom Auto and there was a 3HP difference on Randy's Transmissions truck which makes 1400 RWHP and was used to tow Bretts 2296HP truck to the Rocky Mountain Raceway on Friday evening for racing. Its going to take a bit of practice to get the 47RE and new air shifter figured out for the RPM shifts and a possible gear change to go run the Salt Flats for a speed record, but I can assure you neither Bretts nor Bacas truck are just dyno queens.

Personally I foresee a ton of trucks gaining ground on numbers with 1000+ CC injectors being developed and improved upon and tuning is getting better and better for them. Its pretty exciting and good for the industry. I cant wait to see what 2016 brings to the table.

I highlighted it.

Unless you consider Snyder a nutswinger :lolly:

It was plainly stated that it was not a dyno queen, but I'd like to see some slips or videos of these passes.

To the last part, yes. A member who denounced his CompD readership and fully supports everything II does even if it's not honest.

Did he really say he was done with compd? So easily offended. Take the good with the bad and move on

Back