So where are these 700hp 6.4L Power Strokes?

Don't hurt me for asking this.. But isn't the bottom end on the 6.4 similar to the 6.0? Really thing the stock bottom end is going to take that kind of abuse? (The 800 - 1,000 hp that was mentioned)

Don't hurt me for asking this.. But isn't the bottom end on the 6.4 similar to the 6.0? Really thing the stock bottom end is going to take that kind of abuse? (The 800 - 1,000 hp that was mentioned)

shawn ellerton (if i got his name right) hit i think it was 1004hp on a stock bottom end in a 6.0....
the 6.4 bottom end is i believe is actually stronger than the 6.0 bottom end... everything about it is stronger and better

TS was a mess, and there were big numbers, if i remember correctly there were 6.4s at close to 700hp at the wheels, and if i remember correctly that was before the 310 tune... either way i would not be surprised to see 850ish at scheid... not bad for a first year engine huh?

theres a 6.0 guy named frankie that made 830 on stock motor with studs. 6.4 has bigger rod and main journals and some subtle strength changes..who knows really.

shawn ellerton (if i got his name right) hit i think it was 1004hp on a stock bottom end in a 6.0....
the 6.4 bottom end is i believe is actually stronger than the 6.0 bottom end... everything about it is stronger and better

TS was a mess, and there were big numbers, if i remember correctly there were 6.4s at close to 700hp at the wheels, and if i remember correctly that was before the 310 tune... either way i would not be surprised to see 850ish at scheid... not bad for a first year engine huh?

shawn ellerton has rods. the 6.4 that made 701 at ts had the 310 tune.

missed alot.... not... went to truckfest NO one is doing what a spataned tuned truck is doing on all stock hardware...

Shawn has Hypermax rods and pistons.

I made 880rwhp on my stock bottom end 6.0L(stock rods/pistons). The same motor had plenty of 700rwhp passes. It has a knock now though, injector nozzle cracked and tore up a piston.

My 6.4L is dyno'd 690-700rwhp on spray, 580rwhp on fuel only. Stock, I think the bottom end will hold up just fine. The head gaskets will probably eventulaly give out after some hard miles and wear and tear with 650+. My only concern is the stock high pressure pump at anything over 570rwhp(fuel only). It begins to get kind of noisy. I think we'd be better off either modifying it for more flow or dual pumps. Pushing the stock pump too far is just asking for long term issues.

ive done everything you mention...blocked off the egr..headstuds... i just havent done a fuel pump..but at 700 rwhp, i really dont have the desire to mess with the fuel system.

ok so what mileage are you getting now, and what egts are you seeing,
and the stock tranny still holding all this

ok so what mileage are you getting now, and what egts are you seeing,
and the stock tranny still holding all this

I got 17 mpg on the way down to truck fest empty, and after drag racing sled pulling and towing my 20' enclosed back with a elCUMMINo in it i got 14 all weekend, not too bad i didnt think.

egts, are HOT durring a pass 1600+ but towing 10k i never saw above 1100 with my foot in it hard, all on the stock trans...

This 6.4 looks promising,even though it will be a single charger.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322876

attachment.php

Last edited:
Are they using the same amount of head bolts as the 6.0? I had heard they are, but went with a little bigger bolts.
What about the aftermarket since they are only making this motor for what 2yrs. Do you think that the new motor will have any interchangable parts with the 6.4?
I am not bashing at all just curious.

Are they using the same amount of head bolts as the 6.0? I had heard they are, but went with a little bigger bolts.
What about the aftermarket since they are only making this motor for what 2yrs. Do you think that the new motor will have any interchangable parts with the 6.4?
I am not bashing at all just curious.

same amount but the 6.4 uses 16mm head bolts. The aftermarket claims they are going to continue with this engine, but imho the only ones who have put much in it thus far are the tuners, and Elite...

There wont be anything that interchanges in the new engine, the new engine is going to be ford built, the 6.4 is international/navistar...

I sure hate to see this thread die. I guess it will die now, since the original question was answered. :(

Back